Who We Are
Red Canary was founded to create a world where every organization can make its greatest impact without fear of cyber attack. Our combination of market-defining technology, processes, and expertise are preventing breaches every day. We are completely changing the way security is delivered and setting the new standard for security. If our mission resonates with you, let’s talk!
What We Believe In
- Do what’s right for the customer
- Be kind and authentic
- Deliver great quality
- Be relentless
Challenges You Will Solve
The Cyber Incident Response Team (CIRT) continues to push the boundaries of threat detection and response with a unique combination of operations, threat research, and engineering in tight integration with the development team that designs our analysis platform and the Red Canary Threat Detection Engine.
The security landscape is always shifting and introducing new adversaries. The Red Canary CIRT operates 24/7 to track down threats in endpoint data and deliver fast and actionable detections to our customers.
This is not a role where you are encouraged to passively accept the current state. At Red Canary, you are empowered to actively look for opportunities to automate repetitive and tedious tasks. We let the automation framework handle the mundane tasks, so that you can remain focused on solving complex and critical problems for our customers.
It is expected at the Senior Detection Engineer level, that you already have the skills necessary to immediately contribute to the operational and project needs of the CIRT. This is accomplished by performing analysis of malware, improving our detector footprint, implementing code that will improve our CIRT platform, and more.
What You'll Do
- Leverage Red Canary’s detection platform, endpoint data, and external resources to uncover threats and tell the story of what occurred in a customer environment
- Perform advanced malware analysis
- Build new detection capabilities into the Red Canary platform based on your research of new attack techniques
- Leverage previous SOC experience to enhance the CIRT’s knowledge-base and expertise
- Improve the CIRT workflow through automation
- Initiate and undertake tasks of writing and implementing code in the CIRT platform to fix or improve the operational workflow
- Actively engage with the CIRT team to challenge the status quo for detecting adversarial behavior
- Contribute to improvements that will increase the quality of the Red Canary product
- Help lead projects to improve the quality of life for both the customer and the CIRT
What You'll Bring
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Leads projects and takes ownership of processes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, operational environment and successfully prioritize important tasks
- Deep understanding of adversary tactics and techniques
- Experience working with endpoint telemetry/EDR security products and building queries to identify potential threats
- Technical proficiencies across Windows. Linux, and MacOS
- Experienced working with programming languages such as Ruby, Python, Rails preferred
Target base salary range: $135,000 - $160,000 depending on experience + bonus eligibility and equity
Why Red Canary?
Red Canary is where people embody our mission to improve security outcomes for all. People work hard to maintain a culture that encourages authenticity in order to do your best work. Our people are driven and committed to finding the best security outcomes, delivering real and actionable answers, and being transparent along the way.
At Red Canary, we offer a very rich benefits program to our full-time team members so they can focus on their families and improving our customers’ security. For a full list of benefits, please review our Benefits Summary:
Individuals seeking employment at Red Canary are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.