Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.
About Design @ Wish
We’re a tight-knit design team whose culture is chill, fun, and inclusive. We recognize that auto-layout, the 8-pixel grid, and emojis are our friends, and use each of these regularly. Our virtual team bonding events include watching movies together, playing Telephone Pictionary, and holding a cocktail mixing workshop.
As a team of remote research-based designers, we leverage experiment results and insights to release new features and products that provide economic empowerment for 100 million users worldwide, and each designer has the opportunity to lead individual projects from ideation through execution.
At Wish, product designers trust their instincts to ship often and early, blend their designs with analytical thinking to touch every aspect of the business, and engage a multidisciplinary approach to design simplicity into all of our products.
A bit about our Product Designers
Our product design team is small and nimble, and growing quickly. We design and release new features at a rapid pace to ensure that designers make an impact immediately. Each product designer has the opportunity to work on a number of individual projects from scratch to finish. We’re looking for experienced product designers who are passionate about serving the often neglected demographic of lower-income, value-conscious consumers by designing better experiences for our sellers. All product designers on the team touch every dimension of the seller experience and have an influential voice in determining the future business and design strategy at Wish. We are challenged by leadership to disrupt both existing work processes and thriving business models, to envision and build the future of affordable shopping.
Not located in the Bay Area? US, Canada, Europe, & Australia remote work is acceptable!
The Senior Product Designer will:
- Partner with Product Managers, Engineers, Data Scientists, to define problems & goals, map user flows, prototype interactions, and launch new product features and services.
- Build a research framework for your projects.
- Apply the full breadth of your design skillset through copywriting, visual design, user research, and interactive design.
- Illustrate and conceptualize marketing materials for our global sellers to be successful in our platform.
- Give and solicit feedback from designers and cross-disciplinary partners.
- Passionate about building and maintaining design systems.
- Executive in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity.
The Senior Product Designer has:
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of experience with end-to-end product design
- Have cross-platform design experiences (Web, Android, iOS, emails, print)
- Strong UX/UI/visual portfolio: e.g. showcasing thoughtfully designed, painstakingly crafted experiences with depth and clarity, inclusive of insights gained from testing and shipping
- Excellent communication skillsHave shipped product
- Have contributed as a design advocate and a strong collaborator with product managers and engineers
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.