GigSmart is a growing mobile technology company operating within the gig-economy. We use innovative technologies to build our apps that allow businesses who have urgent labor needs to source skilled workers within seconds so that they can be working within minutes. GigSmart also connects charities & non-profits with volunteers looking to give back!
We are seeking an energetic, enthusiastic and responsible Graphic Design Intern to join our growing team. In this position, you will be expected to learn the ins-and-outs of our daily routines and procedures. You will work closely with our current design, QA and product teams to gain valuable knowledge of the UI/UX design process. Ultimately, you will gain broad experience and should be prepared to enter any fast-paced work environment.
We are seeking an intern who will be able to start working remotely this fall and continue their internship through the Spring semester; this internship has the potential to continue for multiple semesters.
- Build an understanding of customer needs and business requirements
- Develop wireframes and high-fidelity prototypes around customer needs
- Create user stories for development
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends
- Create personas through user research and data
- Answer phone inquiries, respond to web correspondence, social media posts, and emails; oversee mail deliveries and packages
- Perform administrative duties, maintain files, and organize documents; photocopy, etc. as needed
- Run general business-related errands
- Organize, set up, and break down company events
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Current enrollment in a design focused undergraduate program
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision
Expectations of a GigSmart Employee
- Be positive
- Work hard
- Have passion
- Continue to learn
- Exceed expectations