Since our founding in 1979, Money Mart Financial Services has been committed to our mission of serving our customers with straightforward, relevant products that meet their evolving financial needs. We began providing accessible and convenient financial services to unbanked and under-banked consumers as the Monetary Management Corporation, and later became DFC Global Corp. In January 2018, we began doing business as Money Mart Financial Services to reflect the expanded services we now provide our customers.
We provide over 10 million solutions to our customers annually, ranging from money transfers to installment loans online and across our 700 retail locations in North America, Money Mart Financial Services is one of the largest and most diversified providers of non-standard consumer financial products in the world. Even after more than 30 years of service, we continue to find new, innovative ways to serve and empower our consumers. Money Mart Financial Services brands include, National Money Mart, Money Mart Canada, The Check Cashing Store, Aspen Financial Direct and Insta-Cheques.
This position will play a critical role in making sure our enterprise Multi-Cloud (Private/Public/Hybrid) Strategy uses two or more cloud vendors in a single architecture to improve performance, minimize risk of downtime, and avoid data loss. Multi-Cloud does not mean interoperability and/or load balanced across multiple clouds.
Areas that will need to be formulated and worked:
Start small and plan long-term.
Start (focus) with one cloud provider and achieve maturity over long-term. Target engaging at least two providers in the maturity stage.
Deploy a common automated layer such as cloud management platform to determine commonalities and variations across providers.
Select the right providers.
Choose a cloud provider based on an exhaustive workload criteria rather than based on relationships, preferences etc.
Deploy cost & performance monitoring tools.
Implement a cloud cost governance program solutions to monitor effective usage.
Plan for talent pipeline that would support the long-term multi-cloud strategy.
Bring the organization along the journey.
Gather inputs from each business unit / function and build a strategy that takes a collective view on provider selection.
Cloud Target Operating Model / Framework.
As we fully adopt a cloud approach, this framework should be used as a checklist.
This role may also involve working Technical Leadership across the lines of business, and other supporting architects to ensure systems/solutions are in alignment our vision, technology, roadmaps and/or standards. This individual must be able to design solutions that cross multiple business areas within our environment and must think holistically with respect to the integration and operation of many complex components that are configured in a secure, highly available, and highly distributed, manner. This person is expected to understand technology strategies and have an in-depth understanding of the technical standards, specifications, and policies.
- Ensures alignment of cross program IT strategy and planning with company's business goals.
- Optimizes information management approaches through an understanding of evolving business needs and technology capabilities.
- Develops a long-term strategic utilization plan for the company's IT systems and helps “as is” architectures become “to be” architectures through phasing and cost benefit analysis.
- Promotes the use of shared infrastructure and applications to reduce costs and improve information flows. Ensures that projects do not duplicate functionality or diverge from each other and business and IT strategies.
- Collaborate with other architects and provide an enterprise solution that is scalable, adaptable, and synchronized with the ever-changing business needs.
- Manages risks associated with information and IT assets through the development, use and promotion of the appropriate standards and security policies.
- Involved in direct, or indirect, manner with the development of policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of information technologies within the enterprise.
- Build employee knowledge and skills in specific areas of expertise.
- Work to settle architecture differences or conflicts existing across the various architecture layers in the enterprise.
- Work with various business and IT stakeholders to demonstrate and show business value of enterprise wide, shared infrastructure or to show value of any new strategic platforms being considered.
- Work with project business and technical staff to capture and validate integration requirements for the project, using industry standard integration and SOA (Service-oriented Architecture) methodologies.
- Design and deliver high quality integration solutions that satisfy project requirements and meet enterprise needs.
- Evangelize and explain SOA, integration and other architecture principles, benefits, and technical solutions to business and technical audiences.
- Own the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects; defining implementation architectures, responding to questions, developing a deep expertise in cloud technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the cloud.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems/Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in IT enterprise/infrastructure architecture, engineering, operations, application (mobile and web) development, or support.
- Proven experience of successful software delivery throughout the packaged software implementation lifecycle, including substantial experience of working as a senior architect on multiple projects.
- Proven experience developing successful API, SOA, and integration solutions in an enterprise environment on one or more industry standard integration suites on multiple projects.
- Comfortable working on agile-based teams comprised of team members with diverse skill sets (e.g., Quality Assurance Engineers, User Experience Designers, Software Engineers / Architects).
- AWS, Azure, or Google public/private cloud experience in a production environment.
- Understand cloud methodologies and technologies and be able to design and implement in AWS, Azure, or Google.
- Medical / Dental/ Vision benefits available after 30 days of employment
- Company paid life insurance
- Paid holidays
- PTO / 401K / Tuition Reimbursement
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We invest in our employees, and offer extensive training, and development programs to set you up for future success. If we sound like a fit and you’re ready to start an exciting career with an organization that encourages employee growth, apply today! We look for bright, energetic, motivated individuals who are interested in learning and developing their career.