Swenson He is a fast-growth, Inc 5000 software firm that designs and engineers custom mobile and web solutions. As a full-service agency, we provide product guidance, technical strategy implementation, and ongoing support for mid-market and startup companies needing highly specialized technology. Our award-winning solutions have made us a top-rated firm with expertise in Media & Entertainment, E-commerce, Fintech, Healthcare, and the Internet of Things (IoT). Our modern offices are in Los Angeles, CA, and Dallas, TX.
Driven by the philosophy that strong mobile technology changes lives in meaningful ways, it is our goal that each one of our projects advances this cause. We believe that each member of our Swenson He team is critical to fulfilling this mission. Therefore, we provide an exciting and encouraging environment for you to be highly impactful, working with top level designers, engineers, and support staff to create cutting-edge solutions.
As a Creative Director with Swenson He, you will be expected to do well in a high impact environment surrounded by incredibly capable Product Managers, Project Managers, Solution Architects, engineers and support staff. Expectations for the position include leading the design department by managing UX/UI designers while providing experience and understanding of intuitive design for client needs. You will be representing Swenson He as leading design expert within our company by guiding our internal design department and clients to develop some of the tech industries leading digital products. As a company that has historically focused on software engineering, we are looking for a candidate who understands how to build leading designs in both UI/UX for native mobile, hybrid mobile, and web related projects for our clients. Additionally, you will be asked to contribute to the firm's identity and brand with marketing campaigns for client projects, our own website and social media.
- Interface directly with clients to help hone and refine client brands and direction while consulting knowledge of best practices for cutting edge design
- Create the vision and set direction of design, delivering full feature-set applications for native mobile (iOS/Android), hybrid (both iOS and Android) and desktop (web/native) for Swenson He clients in variety of industries.
- Review, develop, and implement branding guidelines for client projects and internal innovations
- Create and implement campaigns that represent company culture, brands, and client releases
- Cultivate an environment with design-orient thinking
- Review, develop and implement and product design for client projects including prototype development, production, presentation.
- Experience with creative leadership & design management
- At least 7 years’ experience in web design, designing user flows, wireframes, and visuals
- Prototyping experience in mobile applications and/or web design; related experience in a digital agency or digital group preferred
- Client facing experience and ability to provide tactical direction is a must
- Must have a minimum 4+ years of mobile UI/UX experience
- Understanding of IoT/connected devices mobile apps design highly desirable and preferred
- Experience with hybrid mobile platforms preferred
- Expert with Adobe, Sketch, Illustrator, InDesign, JIRA, Confluence, Figma and prototyping
- Both institutional level and start-up experience in very fast paced environments preferred
- Experience interfacing with Product Managers, Project Managers and software development teams to execute designs and meet deadlines
- Communication skills and teamwork are a high priority
- This is a 100% remote opportunity
At a small firm, you will be able to contribute in a measurable way to firm culture, project acquisition and retention, and team dynamics. We offer competitive salaries, industry-leading medical benefits including health, dental, vision, life, and disability, and an impressive 401K matching program. Depending on the candidate, relocation and signing bonuses may be available.