Astronomer is the commercial developer of Apache Airflow, a community-driven open-source tool that’s leading the market in data orchestration. We’re a globally-distributed and rapidly growing venture-backed team of learners, innovators and collaborators. Our mission is to build an Enterprise-grade product that makes it easy for data teams at Fortune 500’s and startups alike to adopt Apache Airflow. As a member of our team, you will be at the forefront of the industry as we strive to make Apache Airflow the de-facto standard in data orchestration.
We’re currently looking for the right candidate to help our small but mighty Product Management team drive forward the future of the Astronomer product suite.
At Astronomer, product development is an extremely collaborative effort between engineering, design, and customer-facing teams. As a Product Manager, you’ll need to demonstrate and cultivate deep empathy for all three disciplines. You will be joining a small group of experienced Product Managers working to bring the next-generation of the Astronomer product suite to market, which will include applying expertise on cutting-edge SaaS models, data observability, and workflow orchestration to help shape our core product strategy and build a world-class developer experience. Along the way, you will develop a deep understanding of the modern data stack, be our users’ strongest advocate, and obsess over the details across our entire UX.
The impact you will have
- Partner with design, engineering, and field teams to bring the next-generation of Astronomer products to life.
- Research usage patterns and design creative solutions for our foundational UX elements.
- Use our underlying product principles to define a roadmap strategy and prioritize features.
- Deliver clear and concise product memos that detail the requirements of a particular feature while tying the feature objective back into our greater product strategy.
- Build relationships with our customers to develop a deep understanding of how people use Astronomer and where we can improve.
- Be an early driver of our product strategy and help us scale the product, team, and culture while evangelizing our core mission to the rest of the organization.
- Collaborate with our internal data teams to define and measure key product success criteria.
What we're looking for
- 3+ years of experience building technical products either as a PM, a software engineer, or a data engineer.
- A passion for developer tooling and a keen eye for developer-first UX.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in the modern data stack. Familiarity or experience with Apache Airflow is a plus.
- Ability to see big picture ideas but deliver on the details. We are huge believers that the little things matter and seek to delight our users at every turn of our UX.
- Strong listeners who can build consensus in a large group and drive meaningful outcomes.
- Entrepreneurial, "can do" attitude, ability and willingness to make an impact in a start-up organization.
You should include these in your application -- a few words on...
- Why you’re interested in being a product manager at Astronomer.
- The product you are most proud of shipping, and your role in its development
- The biggest product mistake you’ve made.
At Astronomer, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Astronomer is a remote-first company.