dbt Labs is a remote-first company with a globally distributed team. This role is open to folks based anywhere in the United States.
dbt Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We're committed to building an inclusive team that welcomes a diversity of perspectives, people, and backgrounds regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or any other protected status. We feel strongly that whether or not your experience exactly fits the job description, your passion and skills will stand out and set you apart even if your career has taken some twists and turns. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway! Please reach out to us directly at email@example.com if you need assistance or accommodation due to disability.
dbt Labs was founded in 2016 to empower analysts to create and disseminate organizational knowledge. Since then, we’ve grown to become one of the most respected brands in the analytics industry. Our product, dbt, is used by thousands of companies.
We're looking for a Director of Product to join our rapidly growing team. We are a product-led growth company, and as Director of Product, you will ensure that we deliver timely, reliable, innovative, and delightful experiences across our entire product suite.
Who we are
At dbt Labs, we have developed strong opinions on how companies should practice analytics.
Specifically, we believe that:
- Code, not graphical user interfaces, is the best abstraction to express complex analytic logic
- Data analysts should adopt similar practices and tools to software developers
- Critical analytics infrastructure should be controlled by its users as open-source software
- Analytic code itself — not just analytics tools — will increasingly be open source
It turns out that a lot of other people believe this too! Over the course of the past several years we've built a community of 15,000+ people and 5,000 companies who are using our ideas, products, and workflows to conduct analytics, including Lyft, Monzo, GitLab, Snowflake, the ACLU, Amazon, JetBlue, and RentTheRunway. Our product, dbt, has come to be synonymous with the practice of analytics engineering, defining an entire industry. We’re backed by top investors including Andreessen Horowitz and Sequoia Capital, recently raising our series C: read the announcement here!
In this role, you can expect to...
- Report directly to the CPO and manage a team of world-class Product Managers driven to create world-class Analytics Engineering experiences.
- Coordinate initiatives across teams to deliver impactful products to our customers.
- Use your excellent written and verbal communication skills to align stakeholders and drive coherence amidst a backdrop of uncertainty and competing priorities.
- Create an environment where the PMs on our team can thrive, learn, and grow
- Scale the product team and function as we seek to address new use-cases with product in the years to come
- Coordinate across the organization by proactively providing visibility into the teams' work, including celebrating successes, learning from failures, and managing expectations
You are a good fit if you...
- Have demonstrated success in a product leadership role. You have shipped impactful products, managed a team, collaborated closely with engineering and design counterparts, and aligned internal and external stakeholders around a shared vision of the future.
- Feel a deep sense of alignment with our company values
- Blend quantitative and qualitative inputs to inform prioritization and craft a compelling narrative of team priorities
You'll have an edge if...
- You have experience in a fast-growing product led growth organization
- You have managed partially- or fully-remote teams with demonstrated success
- You prefer highly collaborative environments that value autonomy and the exchange of ideas over process
- You have a background in data products, open source, or enterprise SaaS
Compensation & Benefits...
- Competitive Salary
- Equity stake
- Benefits: Unlimited vacation, 401k w/ 3% guaranteed contribution, excellent healthcare, and paid parental leave
What to expect in the hiring process:
- An initial meeting with the CPO to understand the role and fit
- Multiple meetings with other members of the leadership team
- A panel interview with the Product team
- Meetings with other people on our team as requested