We are looking for a Data Privacy and Compliance Legal Intern! You will be a part of Data Privacy and Compliance team working closely with a Compliance Manager under the supervision of Security, Compliance and Data Protection Officer.
- Support data privacy and compliance team in evaluating and developing privacy program maturity, including:
- Data mapping efforts
- Privacy impact assessments
- Creating and updating policies and procedures
- Research and analyze new and evolving data privacy laws and regulations to assess potential impact on Platform.sh
- Help maintain compliance with existing regulations, like the GDPR:
- Perform data deletion requests
- Assist with reviewing Data Protection Agreements
- Review internal requests for new tools and vendors
- Brief the team and management on privacy and data protection developments
- Attend daily compliance and privacy meetings and document action items
- Create training and educational materials to keep the company abreast of data privacy news (monthly newsletters, blog posts, etc.)
- Research and develop new company policies related to privacy
- Assist the Data Privacy and Compliance Specialists, Privacy Counsel, and DPO with:
- Responding to privacy questions from Platform.sh employees and clients
- Gathering and creating documentation for evidence requests during audits (SOC 2 Type 2, PCI DSS, etc.)
- Monthly risk and threat reviews
- Provide input on the privacy component of Platform.sh’s security strategy and work closely with the security team on overlapping tasks
- Currently enrolled law student at an ABA accredited law school in second or third year
- Demonstrated interest in privacy law, compliance law, or technology law
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Native or C1 fluency in English is required
Sound Like a Good Fit? We’re not expecting you to be an expert at all of the above, but if your skillset includes some of it and you’re interested in diving into the rest, we’d love to talk to you!
This is a remote job.
We are a worldwide distributed team and are looking for a candidate who can perform well working remotely. To be an effective performer as a CSE here at Platform.sh, you’ll need to be able to effectively collaborate across time zones while operating with a high level of independence and autonomy.
Platform.sh is an idea-to-cloud application platform that simplifies cloud infrastructures.
We give developers the tools they need to experiment, innovate, get rapid feedback and deliver better-quality features with speed and confidence thanks to our unique rapid cloning technology.
Platform.sh serves thousands of customers worldwide including The Financial Times, Gap, Magento Commerce, Orange, Hachette, Ikea, Stanford University, Harvard University and The British Council.
We want people who are passionate, open, multicultural, friendly, humble and smart to join us and help this fast-growing, award-winning company to revolutionize the tech industry.