Acquia is the open digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with products built around Drupal to allow them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration — giving our customers and partners the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named one of North America’s fastest growing software companies by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
Acquia is looking for a Senior Drupal Developer who has a passion for delivering killer web experiences. You will get to guide and drive technical application design for Acquia’s flagship property, Acquia.com.
You’ll partner with many teams at Acquia to help build killer web experiences, tune and improve our Drupal implementations, and advise on all things Drupal and web architecture. The job can include anything from custom coding and mentoring of the development team to application design and ongoing guidance on architecture through development and application launch.
- Prior deep experience building, leading and architecting Drupal applications
- Guide technical discussions with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Perform complex Drupal development tasks including custom module development using the Drupal API system and hooks from major Drupal core systems
- Experience defining and scoping a technical solution for large scale Drupal projects
- Excellent ability to partner with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills
- 4+ years developing Drupal applications. Drupal 8 experience required.
- Must have strong analytical and technical skills using PHP and MYSQL.
- PHP, PHP Frameworks like Symfony
- MySQL 5.x, Git, XML/XSLT
- Object-Oriented Programming and Design Patterns
- Database design, development, and performance tuning using MYSQL database
- Passion for the web, open source development, and for helping us build meaningful experiences
- Strong problem-solving abilities, taking initiative, and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Maintain a positive and constructive outlook, focus on driving results, finding solutions / breakthroughs to solve problems and challenges; has a positive influence on peers.
- Respond positively to opportunities to be involved in brainstorming and iterative work. Handle times of change in a way that drives innovation and iteration.
- Work collaboratively with members of the marketing team supporting webinars and blog posts and other marketing collateral.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Acquia Certified Grand Master would be a bonus but relevant job experience is a plus.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.