IO Global is looking for a Product Manager to join its Marlowe product team. Marlowe is the IOG-owned language for writing financial smart contracts on the Cardano blockchain. The product strategy is built around an open-source approach. IOG’s teams are now designing and implementing protocols, services, and applications for decentralized finance in Marlowe. In this context, you will join us as Marlowe Product Manager. Your responsibility will be to define a winning product strategy to appeal to software developers, enterprises, and end users, as the DeFi market evolves.
As a Product Manager at IOHK you will lead and manage your product from end to end, from inception through to implementation and release. You will report to the product director with regular updates and work closely to create and execute the strategy for Marlowe. You will have a high level of autonomy and be expected to lead the requirements and direction for Marlowe.
Duties will include:
- Leading cross-functional teams in partnership with engineering, design, operations, and marketing teams
- Owning deliverables with clear prioritization. Keeping releases focused, on track and high quality
- Continuing to define the strategy and vision for the Marlowe suite of products based on the broader DeFi strategy
- Creatively solving problems related to market timing, dependencies, risks, and customer needs, and driving product direction
- Developing market models and competitor benchmarks. Outlining a clear strategy to become a leading platform in the industry
- Driving use of Marlowe and ensuring customer satisfaction through a quality experience
- Wherever applicable, making recommendations for higher-level product strategies backed by data and a solid rationale
- Crafting a go-to-market strategy and informing Marlowe’s marketing content in collaboration with a dedicated product marketing manager.
- Degree in computer science or equivalent
- At least 10 years’ product management experience
- Project management skills would be beneficial
- BA deep knowledge of blockchain, decentralized systems, and decentralized finance
- Ability to establish requirements, analyze products, and set specifications
- Work with internal and external partners, and commercial teams
- Able to read and understand code and drive architectural design decisions with engineers. Strong understanding of web, mobile, developer workflows, and tools
- Ability to talk the language of developers, understand their problems, and empathize with their needs
- Ability to operate alongside strategic business leaders and make strong recommendations backed by rationale.
IOG is a fully distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. Due to team distribution we are ideally looking for someone in a European or US Eastern time zone for this role.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work - ability to work anywhere
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Udemy for Business
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem with 100% premium cost covered by IO Global for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service