The Cardano blockchain ecosystem is constantly expanding. IO Global is now close to enabling smart contracts and governance on Cardano, and interest among developers and users is growing even more. IOG is looking for a Plutus Product Manager who will drive and lead the implementation of Plutus smart contracts on Cardano. In this role, you will design and deliver a high quality experience for developers.
For this role you will need a strong understanding of the Cardano developer ecosystem and the industry in general. You will have a solid smart contracts background and you will be able to conduct with confidence and leadership IOG’s efforts to make Cardano ever more accessible and relevant.
Duties will include:
- Collaborating with cross functional teams to build a vision and a roadmap for Plutus.
- Working with customers and partners to ensure their needs are addressed in the roadmap and that they are kept apprised of releases and updates
- Working with prospects to define new products and quantify opportunity size
- Working with marketing, design and communications to understand industry and community needs to develop a product roadmap
- Working with business development teams to evaluate proposals for inclusion into the roadmap and with project managers on delivery, planning and scheduling
- Engaging and contributing to open source software communities
- Working with other product managers on roadmap integration points
- Providing technical guidance in evaluating applications systems and requests for proposals.
- Writing blogs, presentations and technical documentation to support marketing, business development, and other teams.
- Driving Plutus to launch and adoption
- Developing product strategies to introduce differentiated product offerings to complex markets
- Developing and refining the Plutus roadmap and release planning processes
- Incorporating customer insights and technological advancements to shape the Plutus roadmap
- Working with program managers, developers, and quality control teams to deliver releases to schedule
- Providing technical guidance in evaluating applications systems and requests for work with other product managers on product roadmap integration points.
- Degree in computer science or equivalent
- At least five years’ experience of product management
- Familiarity with agile software development practices (scrum, kanban)
- Strong experience with smart contracts (eg, on Ethereum)
- Experience with NFTs or DeFI products desirable
- Experience of engaging developer communities and of building stickiness into product ecosystems
- Experience leading cross-functional teams in partnership with engineering and design. Own deliverables with clear prioritization. Keep releases focused, on track, and high quality
- Ability to elicit requirements, carry out analysis, and set specifications
- Ability to work with internal and external integration teams
- Able to build prototypes and drive architectural design decisions with engineers. Strong understanding of web and mobile, developer workflows and tools.
- Ability to drive adoption of products and ensure customer satisfaction through a high quality experience
- Ability to develop market models and competitor benchmarks. Ability to set out clear strategies to become a leader in smart contracts.
IOG is a fully distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. Due to team distribution we are ideally looking for someone in a GMT or US time zone for this role.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work - ability to work anywhere
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Udemy for Business
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem with 100% premium cost covered by IO Global for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service