We are looking for a Manager, Legal Response & Enforcement to join our Legal Response and Enforcement team (LRE). LRE operates under Marketplace Integrity, which is a multidisciplinary team within Trust and Safety made up of agents who communicate and uphold Etsy’s listing quality policies.
We protect Etsy by addressing a variety of intellectual property issues, removing allegedly violating listings, and following up with the affected Etsy sellers. Are you an established leader with expertise in people development and legal operations? If so, this might be a great match.
This is a full-time position located (eventually) in Brooklyn, NY; Hudson, NY, reporting to the Senior Manager, LRE. We offer flexible workplace policies that can accommodate work from home candidates who are comfortable traveling to an office location 2-3 times per week. We’re also open to remote hires within all U.S. states except Hawaii and Alaska.
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you'll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
About the Role
In this role you will:
- Seek coaching opportunities for your team; you help them achieve productivity and quality assurance goals, solve new challenges, remove obstacles, and champion their career growth.
- Maintain and improve staff engagement through effective people management and motivational techniques.
- Monitor key performance metrics for productivity and quality and provide guidance to constantly meet and exceed goals.
- Engage in regular 1:1s with direct reports to set clear performance expectations, deliver fair, meaningful feedback, and provide career mentoring to develop an effective and engaged team.
- Spot technical and quality-related problems, and facilitate prioritization and implementation of their solutions with the support of the LRE Operations Manager.
- Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at Etsy's discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law.
Ideally you'll bring:
- 3+ years people management experience with demonstrated ability working in a legal field, policy enforcement, or operations.
- Deep familiarity with trademark, copyright, and/or intermediary liability law strongly preferred.
- Extensive experience solving problems with data, Looker and/or SQL proficiency a plus.
- Excellent written and presentation skills.
- Adept at developing positive relationships.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Ability to maintain composure and optimism in high stress situations.
- Proven ability to approach obstacles with curiosity and use creative problem solving to quickly identify effective solutions.
- A trust in and commitment to Etsy’s vision, mission and values.
If you're interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you'd be right for the position. As you've hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don't want you to be like everyone else -- we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you're all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.