At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
The Principal Enterprise Architect will be responsible for providing leadership, expertise and guidance related to the establishment, communication, and realization of Enterprise Architecture - driving business-aligned strategic change within the organization. This is an enterprise position with responsibility for mentoring, coaching and advising other architects and senior IT leaders on best practices related to architecture along with influencing the organization to move towards the defined future state. The incumbent will act as a thought leader to provide overall direction and guidance in the definition of the current and future state architectures, including developing strategies, roadmaps, principles, standards, and best practices that align with business objectives.
This position will have a specific focus on the Cyber risk technology domain, and in close collaboration with the CISO and the Cyber risk management team, the candidate will play a key role in defining and assessing the organization's security strategy and integrating Cyber risk architecture practices into the overall enterprise architecture. The candidates' skills and knowledge must span the entire breadth of Cyber risk management technologies and have the ability to facilitate enterprise-level discussions across technology, Cyber risk management and other business functions.
How you will make an impact:
- Develops Cyber security strategic plans and roadmaps based on sound enterprise architecture practices in close collaboration with CISO.
- Works in close collaboration with Cyber risk leadership team to develop Cyber security target state architecture and solution vision, ensure architecture alignment of Enterprise strategies to Cyber risk management capabilities, and design and implement Cyber risk solution implementation governance process that ensures architecture alignment through design, implementation and operational phases of the solution.
- Works in close collaboration with the Cyber risk team with architecture responsibilities to develop and maintain a Cyber security architecture process that enables the enterprise to develop and implement security solutions and capabilities that are clearly aligned with business, technology and threat drivers, and lead architecture development of key Cyber risk management capabilities such as authentication & authorization, Cloud platform security and others.
- Identifies and creates reusable assets such as standards, patterns, reference architecture for Cyber risk management capabilities. Ensures alignment of business requirements with company’s desire to take advantage of emerging technologies (e.g. advanced data analytics, cloud-computing, mobility, machine learning, SaaS, etc.).
- Participates in periodic assessment of existing platform and process support tool capabilities against future state conceptual architecture. Tracks developments and changes in the digital business and threat environments to ensure that they are adequately addressed in security strategy plans and architecture artifacts.
- Participates in identification, evaluation and recommendation for selection of any COTS (including SaaS and content services) and open source components that will be part of the solution.
- Acts as core voting member of the Architecture Review Board (ARB) and shares responsibilities for representing Cyber risk domain in the ARB.
- Actively engages in driving strategic initiatives, and the related goals, to ensure the most optimal outcome.
- Designs and leads the implementation of an Enterprise Architecture that supports the organization’s Objectives and Key Results.
- Drives alignment and governance across the various architectural domains (Business, Information, Technology, and Security).
- Understands, advocates for, and supports the enterprise's IT strategy along with assisting in the development and implementation/realization of the various IT roadmaps.
- Works with portfolio stakeholders, engages in the enterprise prioritization meetings, and aligns with methodology to realize the implementation of key future state initiatives.
- Leads the evaluation and selection of technology standards and helps implement governance processes to ensure enterprise alignment.
- Consults with IT Services, aligns infrastructure and operations plans to the defined future state, and identifies opportunities to modify/mature the architecture to accommodate changes.
- This list is not all-inclusive and you are expected to perform other duties as requested or assigned.
What we look for:
- 12+ years of overall experience along with a Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years of experience in Cyber risk architecture and solutions experience specifically in leadership roles with responsibilities to engage with technology executives and drive delivery teams to deliver architecture results based on business requirements, technology standards, service level agreements and approved funding.
- Proven record of grasping highly complex problems and turning them into actionable plans to deliver quick time-to-value
- Experience in Healthcare industry is a plus.
- Expert in executing enterprise architecture and software development life cycle methodologies.
- Expert level understanding of industry architecture frameworks such as TOGAF.
- Ability to successfully implement/adopt the framework for defining Enterprise Architecture artifacts.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate at leadership level on the target enterprise architecture and roadmap.
- Strong organizational skills, project and time management skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Interpersonal and leadership skills that demonstrate collaboration, facilitation, negotiation, conflict management and influence.
- Preferred certifications include: Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect, TOGAF 9 Certification, The Open Group Certified Architect, Professional Cloud Solutions Architect.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 12 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Employee well-being program
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
Please note, Delta Dental will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
To see some of the smiling faces behind Delta Dental and to learn more about what our values and culture look like in action, connect with us on social media: @lifeatddins on Facebook and Instagram, @deltadentalins on Twitter, and Delta Dental Ins. on LinkedIn.
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. Our vision is to motivate and empower every employee so we’re all inspired to take exceptional care of our customers, providers and each other. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other classification protected by federal or state law. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be provided if selected for hire.