Freelance Games QA Tester (Contract) - Teach Your Monster
Who are we?
We are Teach Your Monster and we make high quality educational apps for kids.
Our flagship product is Teach Your Monster to Read: a multiple BAFTA award-nominated educational app, one of the world's leading literacy products played by over 2 million children every month. We've spent 8 years building and growing our audience for Teach Your Monster to Read - now at 2m MAU it is one of the world's most successful literacy digital products.
Teach Your Monster is a non-profit company, funded by the founder of Usborne Publishing.
We are now in the process of developing new apps and games for kids aged 4 and upwards, both in reading and in other areas of learning and development such as maths, wellbeing and food.
As we are expanding our product range, we're on the lookout for a Games QA Tester on a contract basis, who will work with the team building exciting new games to help children learn.
This contract will be 5 days per week for 2 months initially and will be done remotely, within the EU/UK timezone.
You will test the games logging any unexpected issues and help the developers reproduce and fix the problems. You will help the team develop test plans to ensure that every part of the game is working correctly. You'll help the team understand progress with regular reporting.
You'll have some prior software testing experience ideally including mobile devices
You'll be a great communicator - able to interact well with the developers and the team and can demonstrate good written English.
You'll be able to plan your own work to best meet the needs of the team.
You are good with detail, you're thorough and meticulous in your work.
You are technically confident using Excel or a bug recording database.
You have a positive 'can do' attitude to your work and are able to motivate yourself!
We work hard at Teach Your Monster to make a great culture for the people working with us:
- We are run like a games studio or a start-up, but our focus is on impact not profit
- Although small, we help millions of children every year with our games
- We have an flexible working style - many of us are remote and part-time
- We are family friendly, allowing people to structure their days around their family needs
- We are keen to grow our team in as diverse and inclusive a way as possible - our team's differences are what makes us stronger, more creative, highly engaged and more impactful
- We allow for as much autonomy as possible, and want you to work in the way that you feel will bring the best results
- We encourage open and candid communication, and actively encourage you to feedback on anything we could be doing to improve how we work
Please submit a short cover letter and a CV if you'd like to. If we'd like to know more and have a chat with you, we'll be in touch!
- Find out more about our funders and priorities at The Usborne Foundation website.
- Find out more about Teach Your Monster to Read.
- We are not interested in hearing from recruiters.
- We do not have any permanent positions at the moment.