At Crowd Cow, we're on mission to help people discover and access the highest quality food from responsible sources. We want to bring people together — producers and consumers, families and friends. That's why we partner with ethical farms and fisheries around the world. Source high-quality and more sustainable food. And share the stories of the products and producers we carry. There's a lot of work to be done, and we're excited to be a high-growth start-up that is up for the challenge.
We are looking for people who are driven, agile, and work to be a little better each day. We have raised more than $25M to fuel our next phase of growth – and we are motivated to transform, scale and make a positive impact on the food system. Sound like something you want to be part of? Apply today.
About our Accounting team:
As a member of the Accounting team at Crowd Cow, you'll have the opportunity to shape and grow the company and business. You will be a key player of a small team of high performing accounting and finance professionals that work across departments to provide financial support to senior management and department heads to facilitate decision making. The Staff Accountant will assist by performing daily, weekly, monthly and annual accounting and finance processes, entries and reconciliations as well as ad-hoc financial analyses and projects.
What You Will Do
- Assist and/or manage various accounting related functions including but not limited to revenue, inventory, the overall general ledger, and regulatory and tax compliance
- Prepare the month-end and year-end close processes, including preparation of monthly journal entries, reserves and accruals, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and performing inquiries/reviews as necessary to ensure accuracy and consistency of reported data
- Identify cost savings opportunities for the business
- Assist with external reporting to investors, BOD and our banking partners
- Provide support as needed to department and business managers and perform special projects as assigned
- Assist with and help facilitate a successful first audit
- Create, document, and support new accounting processes to enable Crowd Cow to scale
- Research, establish and maintain financial accounting principles, practices, and procedures to
- ensure compliance with US GAAP
- Build strong working relationships with internal teams and external vendors
- BA/BS with a concentration in Accounting or related
- 4+ years of relevant accounting experience, with experience with or at a high-growth company and/or public accounting auditing a plus Working knowledge of US GAAP and technical accounting areas including inventory and costing
- Intermediate level and reperformable Excel skills with an interest and aptitude to work with large amounts of data (e.g. VLOOKUP, INDEX(MATCH), SUMIF, PivotTables)
- Excellent self-management practices with a demonstrated ability to be self-directed, resourceful, and ask the right questions
- Ability to maintain high-performance under tight timelines, including managing multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously, with exceptional quality, organization and attention to detail
- Process-oriented with a comfortability and excitement to build “from the ground up”
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Active CPA license or CPA candidate
- Strong inventory and costing background
- Public accounting experience
- Experience with other systems used by Accounting: Acumatica, Netsuite, Carta, Rippling, Expensify, Silicon Valley Bank, and G Suite
Benefits of joining Crowd Cow:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits for all our full-time employees:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Medical / dental / vision insurance
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Product testing and discounts!
Crowd Cow is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Crowd Cow and the state/country where you work.