Job Summary / Purpose
A successful candidate will bring: deep Adobe product development and user experience expertise in the digital consumer-facing space; strong business acumen and judgement; ability to define and deliver visionary, ground breaking products; focus on solving problems and measuring value; data-driven decision making; partnership with internal stakeholders; success in vendor and cross-functional team management; the ability to work within a fast moving and results-driven environment in a large company.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- Build trusted customer relationships through proactive team management and effective project delivery.
- Establishes knowledge of customer business challenges and priorities to translate into opportunities.
- Maintains regular customer communication and satisfaction, ensuring opportunities and challenges are addressed in a timely manner.
- Translate customers’ business needs into detailed product backlogs, business requirements documents, use cases and systems interaction diagrams.
- Assists project team to establish high, mid, and micro level plans for project team.
- Helps to establish critical path, milestones, delivery dates, and review customer deliverables to ensure they meet client acceptance criteria.
- Provides leadership throughout the lifecycles of a project, guiding the understanding the project team has through design and development to ensure project requirements are met.
- Understand the implementation of Adobe
- Publishing roles and workflows
- Digital Asset Management
- Multi-site management
- Facilitate the transformation for regions to handle authoring and publishing
- Participate and prioritize key development across experiences
The job summary and responsibilities listed above are designed to indicate the general nature of the work performed within this job. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job responsibilities required of employees assigned to this job. Employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Preferred Licensure and Certifications
Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) and/or SAFe Certification (POPM)
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Training
Non-negotiable competencies include:
Summary of Essential Cognitive Functions
Ability to comprehend and follow instructions; maintain attention and concentration for necessary periods; synthesize, coordinate, and analyze data, perform simple and repetitive tasks; maintain a work pace appropriate to given work load; perform complex and varied tasks; relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions; get along with co-workers and peers; understand the meaning of words and how to use them appropriately and effectively; understand and remember detailed instructions; make independent decisions or exercise judgment based on appropriate information; accept and carry out responsibility for direction, control and planning.