At Sensyne Health we combine technology and ethically sourced patient data to help people everywhere get better care. To do this, we have created a unique partnership with the NHS that delivers a return to our partner Trusts and unlocks the value of clinical data for research while safeguarding patient privacy. Alongside this, we develop clinically validated software applications that create clinician and patient benefit while providing highly curated data. Our products include vital-signs monitoring in hospitals and patient-to-clinician apps to support self-care and remote monitoring of gestational diabetes and chronic diseases such as COPD and heart failure.
We use our proprietary clinical AI technology to analyse ethically sourced, clinically curated, anonymised patient data to solve serious unmet medical needs across a wide range of therapeutic areas, enabling a new approach to clinical trial design, drug discovery, development, and post-marketing surveillance.
About Data Engineering and Insights:
We are a small, young team looking for exceptional, Senior Azure Engineers to help us to deliver on one of our biggest, and most transformational projects yet.
Working to an agile methodology, we are building world leading data platforms and delivering on Sensyne’s mission to accelerate medical research and improve patient care.
The Senior Azure Engineer will provide hands-on Azure implementation, configuration, custom development and best practice support across all Sensyne Health’s departments and customers.
As a senior member of the team, you will be given full autonomy as well as assisting with the development, enhancement, and documentation of methodologies across our data-led Microsoft Azure projects.
- Work with Microsoft Azure (IaaS, PaaS) technologies enabling change and transformation of Sensyne’s environment
- Demonstrate clear technology thinking and a sound understand of technology solution design principles
- Design and implement strong technical solutions on Microsoft Azure utilising IaC and CI/CD techniques
- Responsible for every aspect of Azure infrastructure designs produced, from security by design, to technical delivery and the creation of supporting high quality design documentation (HLD/LLD)
- Be the Technical Authority for project delivery and solution design
- Provide feedback / peer review on designs produced by colleagues in Azure
- Lead and mentor more junior members of the Data Engineering & Insights team
- Experience of designing complex technical solutions on Microsoft Azure and exposure to technologies such as big data, analytics, artificial intelligence, and Internet of Things
- Strong experience working across the entire data lifecycle and the ability to propose Data Lake zoning strategies, and how these can be implemented
- Exceptional understanding and knowledge of the fundamental underpinnings of Azure solution design
- Experience delivering projects using Azure DevOps / ML Ops
- Core technology expertise in Microsoft Azure migration, from On-Prem / Cloud to Azure Platform, Azure Database environments, Storage and Networking
- Experience designing a data platform from the ground up with expert knowledge of the key components (Azure Data Factory, Azure Storage, Azure Databricks, Azure Synapse, and Azure Databases)
- Technical leadership with an agile delivery foundation to drive project success, timely delivery and accurate production of agreed deliverables
- Knowledge and experience with deployment orchestration and configuration management tools (Terraform, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Kubernetes)
- Strong advocate for Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and utilising CI/CD techniques
- Demonstrate best practice in Azure security architectures
- Be confident presenters, with well developed presentation skills and the ability to communicate complicated subjects to non-technical stakeholders
- Relevant Azure certifications
- Familiarity and experience with Medical data
- Communication: You are able to discuss technical issues at all levels of the business and provide clear presentations of technical work.
- Technical: You will be a data geek! One who enjoys seeing value and insight derived from data. You’ll have to be a technology and cloud enthusiast, who embraces new ideas and processes, yet keeps a keen eye on delivery and providing value.
- Company share option scheme
- 5% employer matched salary sacrifice Pension scheme
- Life Assurance & Income protection
- A range of health, wealth and lifestyle benefit plans including BUPA, Gym and holiday trade options
- Electric Vehicles & Cycle to work schemes
- Proactive career development