At Blueground, we are guided by a vision to make people feel at home wherever they choose to live. By offering fully-furnished apartments that are move-in ready in the world’s most vibrant neighborhoods, we provide our guests with the opportunity to simply #ShowUpStartLiving. Behind the scenes, we strive for a tech-powered living experience that guests love, homed in an organization where great people are proud to work.
We’ve grown a lot since our founding in 2013. We are now hosting guests in more than 4,000 homes in 15 cities. We have raised more than $100m+ in funding to date and that’s just the beginning.
What drives our success is how each of our team members applies our core values. To our team, Time is everything, and we cherish it greatly. For us, Excellence isn’t simply a standard, but an exciting way to look at life. We Care deeply about our clients and colleagues and never lose sight of the human element, which goes hand-in-hand with Transparency which we believe makes our day-to-day easier.
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Data Scientist to join our high performing data team. This is a unique opportunity to be Blueground's first Data Scientist and lead our modeling initiatives in revenue management, dynamic pricing, asset selection, and other core functions of our business. You will be in charge of harnessing the vast data available to solve difficult, high-impact problems. You’ll have a strong academic background and a wide expertise in statistics, machine learning models, and algorithmic techniques. Importantly, you will have real life experience designing and deploying models in a business setting, with a track record of actionable results. If you got excited by what you’ve read and you enjoy working in a positive and collaborative environment, surrounded by talented and motivated colleagues we would love to hear from you.
What you will focus on:
- Lead efforts around Blueground’s data science models and developing predictive recommendations to improve pricing and asset selection
- Employ different data science techniques and select appropriate model to solve core problems for Revenue Management and Asset Selection
- Develop new features, improve data quality, and prioritize and acquire new data sources
- Work with business stakeholders on optimal output of model recommendations, build prototypes, evaluate results, and deploy models to production
What we are looking for:
- MS or PhD in economics, statistics, machine learning, computer science, mathematics or highly quantitative field
- 5+ years of experience with breadth of data science techniques and machine learning models - experience with Statistics, Bayesian Models, Forecasting, Decision Trees, Clustering, Neural Networks, Time Series Analysis
- Demonstrated ability to drive business results through model recommendations
- Experience improving model performance by solving data quality issues, implementing new features, and approaches
- Agile team-working experience, communication skills, and excellent team spirit
- Excellent skills in Python or R and SQL and experience with relevant ML libraries
- Experience deploying and scaling models into a production environment as microservices
- Experience with pricing models is a plus
- Workstation of your choice
- Competitive salary
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Group Health Insurance program
- Mobile Data Plan
- Flexible paid time off
- Enhanced parental leave
- Dynamic working environment with talented people
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations. Think summer in LA and winter in Dubai!
- Flexible work environment through our Blueground Nomads employee mobility program
At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.