Human Care Systems is seeking a Data Scientist to analyze, aggregate, manipulate, and visualize data to report on program performance and identify opportunities for program development or enhancement to increase the positive impact on patients’ lives. The Data Scientist will be responsible for the development of predictive models to drive business outcomes. The Data Scientist will provide insights from the data that help shape business strategies. The Data Scientist will support HCS as a value-add business partner to our clients, providing near real-time analytics that have real-world impact.
About Human Care Systems: HCS is the Treatment Experience company – we deliver on our mission to positively impact patients’ lives through improved access, use, experience and outcomes with medication. Our customers are biopharmaceutical companies (large to small) seeking to improve therapy initiation and adherence. Our team members are highly motivated, smart, collaborative, and hard-working. HCS was founded in 2008 by Matt Hall and Thom Doyle and is based in Boston. We have about 100 employees and are profitable and growing.
- Develop custom models, algorithms and interactive visualizations to deliver insights
- Wrangle and analyze data to identify patterns and trends
- Collaborate with different business users to evaluate requirements and develop domain knowledge.
- Present key findings to leadership and clients in non-technical terms to evaluate business impact
- Work with product team to help prototype new analytics offerings
- Advocate for good data quality and best practices
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- MS degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Statistics, Operations Research, Bioinformatics, Economics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, or Industrial Engineering).
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience in data science, machine learning, visualization, and data storytelling; passionate about drawing insights and hidden patterns from data
- Meticulous attention to detail, data integrity and data wrangling
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., R, Python, Julia, MATLAB, pandas)
- Advanced SQL skills
- Experience with BI tools such as (Tableau, PowerBI, Sisense)
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Experience articulating business questions and using mathematical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data. Experience translating analysis results into business recommendations.
- Demonstrated skills in selecting the right statistical tools given a data analysis problem. Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction. Demonstrated willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques.
- Great communication skills
- Experience in healthcare is preferred
- Experience with cloud environments (e.g., AWS, Google)