Bennie is an employee benefits platform that helps companies create a healthier workplace. We provide technology and services that are beyond what growing companies typically receive, yet exactly what they need. Our goal is to provide high quality company benefits through an engaging platform, while empowering employees to leverage their benefit options easily and effectively.
At Bennie, we’re creating an environment where our people can learn, thrive and move our mission forward. Our team is fully remote across the United States, and we also have offices in Stamford, CT and downtown Manhattan. Our Bennie team owns our company and our culture. We prize diversity of thought and expertise within our team—and we’re always looking for amazing people to help us do and be more.
About the Role:
The Benefits Consultant is responsible for ongoing client strategy, service, and ultimately retention. This includes assessing client needs, managing relationships with insurance carrier and general agent partners, managing and placing client benefit programs, and partnering with internal stakeholders to ensure client success. This individual should have experience working in benefits consulting, managing a book of clients, and working with insurance carriers & vendors to build benefit solutions for those clients. The ideal candidate is someone excited to join a startup, use their benefits industry knowledge to help define a new generation of benefits consulting services, and be willing to expand responsibilities outside of this job description when necessary.
- Partnering with sales consultants to ensure smooth transition of new clients into the Bennie ongoing consulting service model
- Owning a book of clients and working to ensure their success at all times
- Driving client benefits strategy on an ongoing basis
- Developing & managing relationships with insurance industry partners
- Coordinating discussions & conversations as needed between clients and insurance industry partners
- Working with external partners & carriers to help drive projects related to benefits program service delivery
- Working with internal stakeholders (Product, Engineering, Operations) to communicate client needs and help them develop solutions for efficient client service.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Life & Health Producer’s License
- Working knowledge of MS excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Team leadership and/or project leadership experience
- Experience working with today’s leading HR/Benefits technology platforms
- Experience in both large- and small- group benefits consulting
We believe in comprehensive benefits and perks that provide total wellness solutions. We offer excellent healthcare choices, and lots of other great perks!
- Highly competitive compensation package including salary and equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Remote-First, work from anywhere
- 401(k) plan
- Discretionary reimbursement towards fitness, home office and/or learning and development opportunities
- Generous Parental Leave & flexible vacation policy
At Bennie, we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our values by ensuring everyone feels they can flourish and grow. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.