Senior Software EngineerAt Adam Kay Group
Senior Software Engineers design, develop and maintain the company’s core product software applications. They work with the Development Team Manager/Team Leads and are tasked with completing assigned features on time, resolving issues found by the QA team, and engaging with the Development Team to align on best practices, conduct code reviews and mentor junior team members. Senior Software Engineers also collaborate with Product Managers to design technically feasible feature requirements and produce detailed specifications. Additionally, Senior Software Engineers assist Customer Care Agents in trouble-shooting complex technical issues at customer sites.
· Design, develop and support the companies browser-based and client-server products
· Deliver production quality software on time and within budget
· Develop code to accepted company standards and practices, with high-quality documentation.
· Lead development code reviews and participate in stakeholder/owner reviews.
· Implement security standards and secure coding practices to meet platform compliance requirements
· Participate in the full software development lifecycle, including technical analysis, unit testing, peer reviews, product regression testing and release packaging activities
· Proactively seek ways to improve technical implementations, simplify the code base, avoid common challenges, and update best practices in coding in coordination with the Development Team
· Stay up to date with all libraries and support technology to continually leverage the latest tools
· Use internal systems and procedures to track and report work progress and time spent on task
· Assist Customer Care by quickly troubleshooting complex coding problems/interactions and customer production site problems
· Collaborate with Product Management on feature designs and producing detailed specifications.
· Provide level of effort estimates for requested functionality for use in quotes to customers.
· Mentor junior Development Team members.
· Any other reasonable or necessary duties assigned by management.
· 6+ years of experience in design/development of complex software applications of object-oriented and multi-tiered systems
· Demonstrated understanding of Service Oriented Architectures (SOA), client/server and/or web applications, cybersecurity, and open-source technologies.
· Extensive Java and/or other object-oriented design skills, including working knowledge of core libraries, design patterns, JSP, JSON. J2EE and Web Frameworks
· Experience in design and implementation of REST Web Services, XML, and WSDL.
· Experience in relational database design and structured query language (SQL)
· Excellent collaboration and verbal/written communication skills
· Capability of working on large-scale software projects and/or multiple product lines simultaneously
· Experience developing web applications and mobile applications
· Experience developing in Angular, React, or equivalent language
· Knowledge of Uniface or any 4th Generation language advantageous
No C2C, contract or sponsorship is available for this position. Must be authorized to work in the US without expiration. This is a Remote opportunity. Pay for this position will be in the 85 - 95k range plus bonus potential and full benefits.