System ArchitectAt Adam Kay Group
System Architects define the architecture, infrastructure, and general layout of the software application. This includes defining approved technologies and frameworks to utilize. The System Architect is responsible for working in tandem with the Development Team to implement what the Architect has defined. The System Architect guides and assists the Development team throughout the development process and engages in troubleshooting and issue resolution as needed. The System Architect works with senior management to set goals, define development and technical standards, and proactively assess technical debt impact and opportunities for system improvements.
· Design, code, and support the companies browser-based and client-server products.
· Lead a continual effort to adopt new technology, workflows, and coding standards.
· Collaborate with team members to determine best practices and requirements for software.
· Support the training and mentoring of team members to ensure all necessary employees are confident in the use of software applications.
· Proactively seek ways to improve technical implementations, avoid common challenges, and update best practices in coding.
· Prepare an easy-to-understand report for supervisors detailing achieved milestones and short-term project goals.
· Ensure platform compliance with security standards and secure coding practices are understood and followed by all necessary employees.
· Troubleshoot complex coding problems/interactions and customer site problems quickly and efficiently to ensure a productive workplace.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field with 5-7 years of experience designing and implementing integrated enterprise software applications, information systems, multi-vendor database, and network solutions.
· Demonstrated knowledge of web applications, cybersecurity, and open-source technologies.
· Experience with developing software utilizing various coding languages including Java, C++, PHP, Web Frameworks, and related technologies.
· Experience with design, development, and implementation of web service APIs, including SOAP and REST Integration APIs.
· Strong competency in structured query language (SQL), including PLSQL (Oracle) and TSQL (SQL Server) with database design and administration capabilities.
· Experience with network, protocol, and application security including Firewall/VPN/ACL, Proxy/Reverse Proxy, SSL.HTTPS, WS-Security and BasicAuth, Digital Certificates and encryption.
· Outstanding collaboration and communication skills are essential.
· Professional experience analyzing code for weaknesses and errors and overseeing plans to improve them.
· Strong competency with XML, XSD, and XSL.
· Professional programs certification is strongly recommended.
· Experience working on large-scale software projects in a leadership role.
Experience overseeing customized development of processes for multiple projects simultaneously
No C2C, contract or sponsorship is available for this position. Must be authorized to work in the US without expiration. This is a Remote opportunity. Pay for this position will be in the 110 - 120k range plus bonus potential and full benefits.