Business Manager AnalyticsAt Addi.
Latin America Only
Apply for the Job
We are a technology company working to transform credit and banking in Latin America starting with point of sale finance. We aim to build fair, simple and affordable financial services that empower our clients, treating them with dignity, and building financial freedom. We launched in February 2019 and have already served thousands of clients and disbursed millions of dollars.
We operate as a full stack startup. We have built our core systems and processes from scratch, and we believe our technology and analytics platform will drive our progress into the years to come. We come at this with deep experience building and growing technology teams and financial products. As important as what we do is how we do it. We are a conscious company, and are deeply committed to working and living our five core values - A company of owners inspiring colleagues, we pull rabbits out of hats, we care and we trust, act with integrity, win today every day, and scale exponentially
We are backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Monashees, Village Global, and an outstanding team of individual angels, including Kevin Ryan, Josh Abramowitz, and Scott Weiss.
About the role
Business Manager Analytics (BMA) form the backbone of our strategic decision-making as a company, and in order to realize our potential, we must make the right decisions at the right time. The nature of these decisions are wide-ranging, ranging from product to risk to data. As a BA, your mission will be to own a particular area of the business and be accountable for its performance, and as an owner you will be the central node that connects all of our different functions together: data, product, tech, collections, legal, etc. The buck stops with you
BMAs are experts in data-driven decision making and cross-team collaboration, and constantly think of new ways to improve the status quo, whether or not it is related to their direct area of accountability. We expect you to not only drive initiatives, but to also be an end-to-end owner
You will report directly to our Head of Portfolio Management within the broader Risk team. You will be part of a critical part of scaling our analytics capabilities, and in turn scaling our business and fulfilling our long-term strategic objectives.
Why join us
- Work on a problem that matters and empower merchants across the region.
- Build a lasting company from the very beginning, helping define every aspect of it.
- Massive market opportunity ahead of us; we are growing faster than pretty much any other fintech lender was at our stage.
- Work alongside a great and diverse team that cares about what we are doing and how we are doing it.
- Generous compensation, including equity, 100% health insurance (and 50% for dependents), unlimited time-off and working remotely.
What you will do
- Become a subject matter expert (SME) in our data and our portfolio: past performance, book composition, credit policy, funding structure, bureau relationships, pricing elasticity, etc.
- Refine how we track and project portfolio performance and automate our portfolio monitoring infrastructure
- Establish an early arrears strategy and reduce missed first payment occurrence
- Work with our collections team to diversify and optimize our communications strategy (critically, using digital channels)
- Test collections strategies to optimize recoveries
- Become a key player in refining our post-originations strategy, especially with regards to returning clients, buy now pay later, and longer-term cross-sell opportunities
- Fluent in English
- Strong analytical mindset and skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and interpret significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills, able to tailor message to different audiences (technical, layman, C-level)
- Results-driven and embraces ownership
- Ability to prioritize and make quick 80/20 decisions without getting stuck in the weeds
- Ability to see the larger picture and can think strategically
- Prioritized capabilities
- Ability to effectively collaborate across a variety of cross-functional teams
- Excel proficiency
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Ability to identify and understand nuances in data and takes them into account when doing analysis
- Desirable qualifications
- Proficient in SQL, R
- Data science knowledge
- Previous fintech company experience
- Previous product experience