Insights Manager - Sustainability Accounting Team LeadAt Altruistiq
Apply for the Job
Join the new climate technology startup that is radically shifting the trajectory of global sustainability!
At Altruistiq we believe that business has the capacity to create benefit for all its stakeholders, but that this transition to stakeholder capitalism requires a new kind of corporate intelligence. Our company is developing the tools to underpin that intelligence - to track environment, social and governance indicators, define what needs to be done, and channel resources to where they are needed most. This could mean helping the world’s largest brands to change farming practices in India, wind down coal power plants in Africa, or increase the reusability of packaging materials in Europe.
We are building a SaaS product to help the world’s largest companies increase the sustainability of their global supply chains. We are an early-stage venture, backed by some of the world’s most recognisable names in sustainable investing, including the founders of multiple successful tech ventures (including 3 exits, and one unicorn), former chairs of Barclay’s Bank and UBS, and multiple CEOs from the private equity/asset management industry. Our company is post-revenue, working with category leaders in private equity, FMCG, food service and logistics. We are currently facing a massive, growing demand base and scaling up the team rapidly to meet it.
About the role
When joining the Insights team at Altruistiq, you will join a team that directly supports our customers in defining and achieving their sustainability goals, and which plays a key role in shaping our product, processes and impact measurement approaches. If you are excited by working on difficult, but meaningful challenges, learning together with the team, and building a modern company with a great culture, then we want to hear from you!
As the Research Team Lead, you will:
- Lead the development of our in-app climate measurement methodologies, including Corporate GHG Accounting, Product LCAs and beyond-emissions metrics and analysis
- Lead internal testing and audit of Altruistiq's climate accounting tools to ensure high precision and transparency for our customers
- Own relationships with measurements and reporting standards bodies and auditors
- Lead the development of bespoke emissions measurement calculations for complex customer situations
- Lead the design and expansion of Altruistiq's Climate Factor Database
- Be the go-to source of sustainability thought leadership within the business, supporting our team and customers in understanding the latest research, standards and more
- Have significant experience in Corporate GHG Accounting aligned to the GHG Protocol/ISO Standards, alongside an understanding of product Life Cycle Assessments
- Have completed further studies / education in environmental-related research, such as climate modelling, LCA analysis or similar
- Have strong analytical capabilities, with the ability to define, solve and coordinate complex climate measurement problems
- Are experienced at leading a team of researchers / analysts and are an excellent communicator who is excited to work closely with our wider team to help them deliver market leading climate measurement and management tools
- Are passionate about solving climate and social challenges, and are excited to contribute to doing so at scale
- Can independently drive projects to completion while managing a broad range of internal, external, more senior and more junior stakeholders
- Are flexible, adaptable and eager to learn
- Are fully proficient in English
This is a remote-first position (although UK based for tax/contractual purposes), and unfortunately, we don't have the possibility to sponsor visas at this stage.
Remuneration and rewards package:
Remuneration will be determined depending on experience, but we offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits package to all our team.
Our benefits include:
- Equity, we believe our team should all have a stake in the company we're building.
- Free choice of equipment and software, use whatever works best for you
- A supportive culture to help you learn and develop into a better version of yourself, including a learning & development budget and policy.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Private health and dental insurance for you and your partner/family.
- Generous pension contribution.
- Unlimited holiday policy with a guaranteed minimum of 25 days.
- Flexible working, remote-first, with a budget to join a shared working space wherever you live.
- Health & wellness budget, cycle scheme.
- We compensate your carbon footprint
- Team offsites, bi-annual events to spend time together as a team (as soon as safe to do so!).
- Work in a diverse, feedback-driven organisation, decentralized decision making enabling everyone to weigh in, offering lots of freedom, impact as well as responsibility.
At Altruistiq we actively believe a diverse team is a better team. We welcome any candidate to apply, and if there are accommodations that can be made to make the application and interview process more accessible for you please just get in touch.
Recent Job Postings
- Sherbet: Senior Full Stack Developer
- Plato: Founding Engineer
- Principal Backend Engineer at Cribl () (allows remote)
- Dondich Coaching: Full-Stack Laravel Developer for Multiple Web Based Products
- Crazy Egg: Elixir/Ruby 🧠 Backend Engineer - Solving challenging problems 💪 in a team environment you'll ❤️
- SQUAKE.earth GmbH: Senior Backend Developer (Ruby)
- Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
- Senior Product Manager Draft
- Executive Assistant - Business Operations
- Head of Product