Solutions Architect at Amazon Web Services (New York, NY)At Amazon Web Services
New York, NY
Are you an IT Leader that can transform how an Enterprise uses the public Cloud? Can you work equally well with executives and technologists, leading high-visibility, high-impact projects that are technically broad and deep? Do you understand the strengths and weaknesses of IT process standards? Do you have experience leading technical strategy across diverse global teams driving change and business value at significant scale?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring Solution Architects to work with top-tier customers and their partners in transforming their enterprise IT landscapes. The Solution Architect engages with customers to understand business drivers, assess application portfolios, and design reliable and cost-effective cloud native architectures.
The Solution Architect works with a limited number of high-value enterprises, and typically leads technology strategy across a broader team of cross functional resources within an enterprise account. The Solution Architect partners with the account managers, owning the technical aspects of an account, and the corresponding executive relationships (e.g. CTO, CIO, Architects, etc.). In addition, the Solution Architect should have the ability to take on mentoring new members on the team, or other groups based their area of depth and expertise.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
· Engaging with executives to define and execute on enterprise cloud strategies.
· Defining and executing on the technology strategy by engaging highly technical teams (other Solutions Architects, Technical Account Managers, AWS professional services consultants and consulting/managed services partners).
· Identifying motivators for cloud adoption and unlocking enterprise challenges.
· Analyzing application portfolios, identifying dependencies & common infrastructure platform components, and assessing migration feasibility.
· Assisting customers by architecting solutions on AWS that leverage cloud best practices.
· Soliciting feedback from enterprise customers and influencing future iterations of the AWS platform.
· Assisting with cost/benefit modeling and creating compelling business cases/total cost of ownership studies for migration.
· Assisting in defining migration roadmaps to AWS and driving buy-in across complex organizational structures.
This role is a senior role in the Solutions Architecture organization at AWS. This role provides a unique opportunity to lead transformational change in large enterprise customers in their journey to cloud.
PLEASE NOTE: this role can be located anywhere in the Northeast US
· Experience designing, implementing and/or consulting on distributed applications.
· Strong presentation and written communication skills; high degree of comfort presenting technology solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences.
· Breadth of experience across enterprise IT in two or more of the following areas: Software design or development; Infrastructure architecture; Content distribution; Database architecture; IP Networking; IT Security; Data Center Operations; Enterprise Applications
· Breadth of expertise in cloud computing technologies and architectural best practices.
· Expert level technical acumen, including the ability to understand the customer or partner IT landscape and identify opportunities and overcome any technical obstacles to those opportunities
· Ability to influence the adoption of AWS services in conjunction with business requirements.
· Expert level ability to gain understanding of the business domain of the customer or partner and the business problems the customer or partner is facing.
· Expert level ability to interact with senior leadership (e.g. VPs/CxOs) within a customer or partner organization.
· Ability to travel to client locations as needed. Estimated 25% travel requirement.
· A Bachelor’s degree; Masters/MBA degree.
· Experience architecting complex use cases leveraging AWS services and multi-vendor environment technologies
· Strong leadership capabilities, having the ability to communicate effectively with diverse set of customers or partners across multiple disciplines.
· Strong presentation and written communication skills; high degree of comfort with technical and executive audiences.
· Demonstrated experience in managing executive customer relationships.
· Understanding of enterprise architecture frameworks and enterprise IT management frameworks; able to identify the relationships between business services, information, applications and global infrastructure assets.
· Broad enterprise systems experience including SAP, Oracle, Microsoft and custom Java/.NET applications.
· A proven track record of managing and delivering large-scale enterprise IT projects.
· Familiarity with industry compliance and security standards including PCI DSS, SOC-1&2, ISO 27001, HIPAA, GxP and FDA.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.