Front-end Engineer - Growth TeamAt Apivideo1
Today, video accounts for over 80% of all internet traffic! 🤯
We are increasingly living in a video-first world where our online experiences are dominated by real-time, streaming, and on-demand video.
Our mission at api.video is to connect people through their cameras. We are a global API-first platform managing and delivering online video at scale and our goal is to become the standard for how modern teams bring video experiences into their products and services.
Just like Stripe for payments, Twilio for text and VOIP, and Sendgrid for email; we're making video accessible to every developer on the planet.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
As a Front-end Engineer in this fast-paced startup, your role will include everything from building powerful landing pages to shipping rich product features to our users. Your role will be key in enabling developers and companies in more than 100 countries to quickly integrate all the features needed to deliver live or on-demand video into their applications and services.
- A unique opportunity to be an early member of a success story
- Important responsibilities in a fast-growing company seeking excellence
- A welcoming and collaborative environment with people who love working on hard problems
- Ambitious objectives enabling you to skyrocket your learning curve
What will you be doing? 🛠️
Working within our Growth team, you will be responsible for the following missions :
- Deliver product-focused experiences with velocity and quality to move core business metrics.
- Improving and maintaining our beautiful user-facing core product (dashboard, customer portal & player).
- Building marketing pages & demos in collaboration with our DevRel team
- Contributing to the foundations of our design system & internal UI framework
What skills do you need? 🤹
- Previous experience working as Frontend Engineer/Developer
- Proficient with React, HTML, CSS
- Interest in build pages with performance, accessibility, and API design in mind
- Attention to the details when implementing UI mockups
- You're good at writing documentation
- Git - experience with GitHub or Gitlab
- A fluent level of English (French is not a must)
Bonus points :
- If you've worked with the JAMStack
- If you have familiarity with tools used by Product Designers, like Sketch or Figma
- If you have an understanding of Typescript
- If you know your way around NextJS or GatsbyJS
- If Docker containers don't scare you
- Competitive pay and meaningful equity in a fast-growing start up
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- All the equipment you need to be wildly productive
- Regular offsites with a dynamic & diverse global team
The position is Bordeaux (France) or remote.
api.video is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
The internet was designed to move text from one place to another. It was never designed for video.
But as bandwidth increases across the world, the camera is becoming the new keyboard. Video on the internet is essentially a portal that we can open across incredible distances and allows us to interact in the most natural and human way possible. This is why we believe that a #videofirst world is inevitable.
But video is still too hard. Every day we face poor video quality, buffering, long waits for transcoding, and latency on livestreams that prevent so many teams from innovating in how we use video on the internet. This is why we are building a new global video backbone accessible via an easy-to-use API.
Entrepreneurs and developers shouldn't be constrained by their understanding of arcane video codecs and protocols, they shouldn't have to worry about what device their users are using or where they are located in the world.
Our goal is to enable those entrepreneurs and developers to build wildly innovative video experiences more quickly and easily than ever before.
- Be bold
We will not build the video backbone the web deserves if we stay on our comfort zone and do not consistently raise the bar in everything we do. By working at api.video, we are all investing our most precious asset: our time. Stay curious, challenge yourself and others, and embrace risk to learn and become better everyday.
- Act Fast
Test fast, fail fast, learn, retry, and finally succeed. Only risky decisions have the power to generate extraordinary outcomes. You will not be blamed if a decision you make turns out badly as long as you understand why and gather learnings from the experience. Being thoughtfully decisive is always better than the status quo.
- Grow through Humility
We might all be experts in our respective fields, but only the combination of our skills makes us a great team. Stay humble–whatever your expertise–and share your knowledge, insights, and network to help others grow with you. You can expect the same from everyone in the company.
- Be Reliable
As one team with a common mission, we can count on each other. Don’t hesitate to ask for help! We value those who don't hesitate to help others and share knowledge.
- Transparency leads to Trust
We care enough about each other to give candid, caring, and actionable feedback often. We also care about each other enough to accept constructive criticisms with an open mind and heart.