Senior Technical Product ManagerAt Archipelago
We're only able to consider applicants based in the United States at this time. (You can work remotely anywhere in the United States. Once it is safe to do so, you'll be welcome to work from our San Francisco office as well, if that is what you prefer.)
Archipelago is a Silicon Valley start-up working to change how risk is insured. Our platform enables large real estate owners, managers, brokers & insurance carriers to efficiently map their portfolio, manage their risks, and underwrite them, through a mix of machine learning and human intelligence. Our founders are tech & finance entrepreneurs with several IPOs and acquisitions under their belts. We are headquartered in San Francisco, have raised several rounds of VC funding, and currently employ over eighty people across the US & Europe.
About the position
We're looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager to help us manage delivery of features across Product, Design, Engineering, and Customer Success. We're a small team distributed around the world, with headquarters in San Francisco. We iterate quickly, build for the long term, and are looking for smart, independent folks who want to ply their trade with like-minded people.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working collaboratively, across teams & timezones, and helping us define our platform culture. Additionally, you should be highly technical, preferably with previous hands-on development experience. You'll have significant impact, since the product & team is in its early stages. You'll have a full team to support you, from research and design, through planning, development, deployment, delivery, and iteration.
- Manage delivery of features from inception to production, customer on-boarding and beyond
- Work alongside the Product, Design & Engineering team to help specify features
- Engage in technical conversations with Engineering to ensure all requirements are met at the right scale, complexity, timeframe, etc.
- Help manage long-term milestones and weekly engineering iterations
- Catalyze consensus from C-suite, Product, Design, Engineering and Customer Success teams
- Proactively identify delivery risks and mitigate them
Experience and Qualifications
- 7+ years experience working for a startup (or tech company) as a Product Manager
- 3+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Some experience running UX processes (or hands-on design experience). You should be comfortable doing wireframing in a tool like Whimsical, or even assembling some mockups in Figma with our library of components.
- 2+ years of remote work experience
- Some experience working in Enterprise software & data-heavy applications
- Experience with insurance industry is a plus
- Very strong organizational skills; able to capture exquisite details
- You know how to communicate clearly no matter the medium: on Slack, task trackers, video calls, emails, in person, etc.
- You'll join at an early stage of the company, so you can take something from 0 to 1
- We're a supportive team who will give you as much assistance or independence as you like
- We offer a full benefits package, including medical/vision/dental, 401(k), work-from-home budget, etc. — depending on location
- Our headquarters are in San Francisco, but we've been a distributed company from the start