Independent Software DeveloperAt A.Team
A·Team is a stealth, invite-only platform for top independent software builders. We're VC-backed (raised $5m) and only connect builders to companies we'd be thrilled to work with ourselves. After talking with hundreds of independent builders, we get that finding vetted, high-quality clients is the worst. So that's where we swoop in. We quietly launched in May 2020, and have sent ~$6.4 million to A·Teamers since then.
As part of A·Team, you can expect:
- High-paying, meaningful missions sent your way; generally $130-$190/hr, with vetted, fascinating clients doing work that matters.
- Invite-only companies, only: A·Team is picky, and only works with companies referred to us by either an investor or existing client. Recent clients includeLyft, McGraw Hill, the former-CEO of Waze, a few new unicorns, and dozens of venture-backed startups
- Small, curated, off-the-record gatherings: for conversations you wouldn't have elsewhere and connecting with other top-tier builders who you may want to collaborate with
- Be part of a team you'll like; our focus on teams makes us different from other platforms, because clients with bigger budgets/more ambitious work need teams, not individuals. That said, we always try to keep friends together, since clients love teams who have worked together before
- Full autonomy: we only want you to match you to missions when the timing's right for you. Often they start around 15-20hrs/week, and last 3-6 months (longer if it's going great).
To apply, go here: https://build.a.team/referredfromremotive
No resume or cover letter needed; we're far more interested in seeing what you've built, and excited to talk more if it seems like a fit.
Long-term, A·Team is building a new kind of company for the "unhirables" － builders who traditional companies couldn't hire full-time even if they wanted to, but who still want to work alongside friends in small teams. To help us secure amazing missions, we raised $5 million+ (not public, yet) from NFX, Village Global, and Box Group, along with the former CEO of Upwork, the founders of Fiverr and Lemonade, Apple's Global Head of Recruiting, YC Partner Aaron Harris, Wharton's Adam Grant, and Duke's Dan Ariely.