Monitoring and Observability Engineer in TestAt Automox
Apply for the Job
Our mission is to raise the world's security confidence. And we are disrupting the cybersecurity status quo with the speed and simplicity required to outmaneuver attacks while rewriting the rules for how resilient infrastructure can be.
Founded in 2015, Automox is coming off its fourth quarter of record growth. Automox has become the preferred endpoint management solution for over 1,500 customers across 30 countries.
We’re building a strong, diverse team of curious and creative people bent on solving one of the most challenging problems in the security industry. Ready to be part of something extraordinary?
You are a seasoned DevOps Engineer, SRE or quality-focused Software Engineer with a passion for monitoring, data and quality software. You have extensive experience in a microservices ecosystem. You are enthusiastic about metrics, observability and software quality, and can interact directly with product owners and delivery team members to plan, scope, schedule and implement metrics and observability tools. You are eager to improve systems, expand insight and develop new and novel monitoring strategies. You have very strong communication, collaboration and analytical skills and an ability to work as part of an Agile team. You will be part of the Quality Engineering Operations team and will have the opportunity to excel and grow your career while helping develop our quality metrics and insights at scale.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Own platform-level quality oriented monitoring and alerts, working closely with the cross-functional team to ensure that we meet our quality objectives
- Help to lead and define our quality metrics approach across R&D
- Identify and proactively pursue improvements and expanded insight coverage
- Explore and research new tools and technologies to enable us to gather more data and have a more complete view into our platform from a quality perspective
- Produce dashboards and tools to present metrics and insight data
- Work collaboratively as part of a scrum team to deliver great software and promote an overall culture of quality
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve our processes to facilitate increased test coverage and visibility
- 7+ years of combined SRE, DevOps and software development experience
- 5+ years hands-on experience as an SRE, DevOps Engineer or Software Engineer in a microservices ecosystem in the observability and monitoring space
- 2+ years professional experience leveraging Grafana, Prometheus, ELK, AWS CloudWatch or DataDog
- Experience with Terraform and configuration management tools like Helm is a plus
- Experience with scripting languages like Python, bash and PowerShell is a plus
- Experience working in a push-to-deploy environment is a plus
- Experience with containerization such as Kubernetes and docker is a plus
- Experience working in a Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) model including Github and CI pipeline automation tools
- Intellectual curiosity and a willingness for continual learning
- Comfortable working asynchronously on a distributed team
- Proactively collaborates with other teams/team members across time zones
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related subject
Automox aims to be an employer of choice and we know that means offering a comprehensive compensation package to support our employees. Our packages include base salary, bonus, equity, and benefits for all full time permanent employees.
-Healthcare options through Cigna and Guardian including Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Basic STD & LTD, HSA, FSA, 401(k) and more. Automox has a generous employer contribution towards all health plans with low premiums for all employees.
-Parental Benefits: Adoption benefits, Parental leave
-Time off: We have a flexible PTO policy with an additional 9 paid holidays.
-Perks: Monthly internet and wellness stipend, money to set up your home office, and no commute.
-Our salary ranges are based on national averages and are determined based on the level of the position we are hiring for. We start at the midpoint of the range and move up or down from there based on a person's skills, experience, and location all which impact where someone might come in on the range.
-$125,000 - $145,500 - $166,000/year
-All employees are part of our Company bonus plan. Our bonus is a mix of company performance and individual contributions.
We are on a mission to enable every IT Admin to automate the fundamental tasks that keep their corporation secure. This mission can only be accomplished with a culture embodies entrepreneurship, accountability and providing our employees with the clear direction and freedom to do their best work. We don’t measure excellence based on how but on the what. Each employee has a value and contribution to the success of Automox. We look forward to working with you and seeing the success you will bring on our journey.
Remote : USA the world is changing so are we, Automox has moved to a fully distributed company and is open to hiring across the US.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Automox. Automox is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.