Customer Experience SpecialistAt Aviron
Aviron, the experience-driven connected rowing machine built on an advanced gaming platform, has more than doubled top-line revenue every quarter for the last four quarters. The company was recently featured in US Weekly, PCMag, and Forbes called the rower “A phenomenal, intense rowing workout.” Aviron's focus on utilizing gaming psychology to drive motivation, consistency, and fun for their users, positions them well-ahead of the gaming fitness trend and as the future of fitness entertainment. Aviron is backed by Y-Combinator (Dropbox, AirBnB, DoorDash), Global Founders Capital (Facebook, Slack, LinkedIn), and the co-founder of Oculus. Today, the Company is based in Toronto, Ontario but offers the ability for its employees to work remotely.
Aviron is looking to add a talented person to our team as a customer experience specialist. In this role, you will communicate through multiple channels including in person, by email, phone, and live chat, and serve as the point person for our customers.
You are perfect for this role if you enjoy working with customers and possess exceptional customer service and organization skills. You also love to dive deep into a new product to learn it inside and out and are highly adaptable, dynamic, and are eager to take on the different challenges and tasks that come with working for an energetic start-up.
- Maintain a solid understanding of all company products, channels and company policies/terms and assist customers with their inquiry in a professional manner.
- Complete any ad hoc project as assigned and other duties as requested.
- Answer incoming customer inquiries. Greet customers warmly and ascertain problem or reason for calling or email or message.
- Place orders, cancellations, refunds, or exchanges.
- Scheduling shipments
- Resolve customer complaints via face to face, phone, email, mail, live chat or social media.
- Use CRM, telephones or emails or other effective ways to reach out to customers and verify account information.
- Record and modify customer information within the database
- Assist with placement of orders, cancellations, refunds, or exchanges.
- Assist with scheduling shipments
- Take payment information and other pertinent information such as addresses and phone numbers.
- Suggest solutions when a product malfunctions, missing parts, functions and usages, how to operate or assemble.
- Apply claims' application to vendors
- Provide pricing and delivery information, inform customer of deals and promotions
- Organize workflow to meet customer timeframes.
- College level, general education degree or equivalent
- Experience of customer service principles and practices
- Experience of relevant computer, ERP or CRM systems, MS Office
- Ability to type fast and accurate
- Knowledge of administrative procedures
- Numeric, oral and written language applications
- Product knowledge with logic mind set to resolve customers' issues
- Self-starter (entrepreneurial!)
- Value the people (customers and employees)
- Work hard and innovate with impact
- Love to win
- Be egoless
- Don't take yourself too seriously
A couple more things
Our customers love us because we are friendly, passionate, and always willing to go the extra mile. They are continuously impressed (even surprised) at the high-quality physical product and software experience we provide. We are very proud of the product and market we've carved out as a team/company that was until very recently mostly boot-strapped. We are looking for someone to match (and elevate!) our passion and hard work to the next level during this very exciting time for our company.
Aviron is based in Toronto, Canada, but much of our team is remote, spanning across Canada, the U.S., and Asia.
Recent Job Postings
- Sherbet: Senior Full Stack Developer
- Plato: Founding Engineer
- Principal Backend Engineer at Cribl () (allows remote)
- Dondich Coaching: Full-Stack Laravel Developer for Multiple Web Based Products
- Crazy Egg: Elixir/Ruby 🧠 Backend Engineer - Solving challenging problems 💪 in a team environment you'll ❤️
- SQUAKE.earth GmbH: Senior Backend Developer (Ruby)
- Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
- Senior Product Manager Draft
- Executive Assistant - Business Operations
- Head of Product