airCFO: Senior AccountantAt Avra Talent
Job title: Senior Accountant
Location: Remote-Flexible working environment. We don't care where you do your best work - whether that is in the office, at home, or in a coworking space. We're distributed across the US and we're proud to be able to hire talented individuals regardless of their location
Comp range: We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with your experience and skills.
- Networking and Exposure. With close-knit ties to the Cleveland, Midwest, and Silicon Valley startup scenes, you will have the opportunity to work with these companies directly. We have clients all over the country with over 60% of our clients based in Silicon Valley and the San Francisco bay area.
- Event Attendance. Our team attends conferences such as Startup Scaleup, Female Entrepreneur Summit, TechCrunch Disrupt, and more from Cleveland to San Francisco. As part of our team, you could join and make lasting connections.
- Unlimited PTO. We empower our team to be proactive about their personal and professional health by offering Unlimited PTO.
- Comprehensive Benefits. We offer 401(K), healthcare insurance, dental and vision insurance. We also offer stipends for personal wellness, learning and development, and office setups.
About airCFO: At airCFO, we believe that startups are building the future each and every day. For most of our clients, the most limited resource is time. airCFO saves our clients' time by managing their accounting, tax, and finance functions so they can focus on building a successful business. airCFO helps startups build their finance, tax & accounting functions to scale with efficient processes and tools that give them insight into their financial performance. Our vision is to become the nation's most respected financial partner for startups -- serving organizations from Silicon Valley to NYC.
Why this role exists: We are a profitable and growing consulting startup with a proven business model. As we continue to scale, opportunities for growth will arise. Due to increasing demand for our services, we are hiring Senior Accountants! If you are an Accountant with a passion for working with fast-growing high-tech startups, if you want to enhance your knowledge and skills working with multiple clients in a variety of industries, come and join our team of accounting and financial professionals.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required - Accounting or Finance preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in corporate accounting, general accounting, or financial analysis
- Experience with remote tools and platforms (Slack, Zoom, Google Drive) preferred
- The Senior Accountant is the core of our accounting team ensuring timely and accurate financial deliveries every day. During your tenure as Senior Accountant, you will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
- Onboarding new clients and getting accounting systems set up
- Maintaining cloud-based accounting systems to keep client's day-to-day operations running smoothly
- Preparing reconciliation schedules, such as prepaid expenses, fixed assets, accrued liabilities/expenses, deferred revenue
- Managing multiple client engagements, ensuring clients' monthly financial packages are delivered timely, accurately, well-presented
- Preparing tax filings related to W2s/1099s/3921s
- Assessing client's financial/accounting processes, propose improvements, and manage the implementation of those improvements
- Conducting monthly calls with clients to review financial results, discuss forward-looking financial projections, and offer guidance on accounting matters
- Managing outsourced functions
- Working with clients' other external parties, such as auditors and tax advisors to provide necessary support during auditing and year-end tax filing
- Developing relationships and establishing airCFO as a trusted advisor
- Working with other service lines in developing an integrated service package
Core Competencies / Hard Skills:
- Demonstrated project management and client relationship management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be proactive and in-tune with clients' needs
- Familiarity with GAAP and accrual accounting, CPA/CMA certification preferred
- Strong attention to details
- Strong Excel skills
- Solid working knowledge in QuickBooks/Xero is a big plus
Soft Skills: We're interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you'll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you're serious about managing an accounting advisory team and ready to take on some of our clients' most complex issues, this role is for you.
You'll thrive here if:
- You're an independent, initiative problem solver, and critical thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for tech startups.
- You won't rest until our clients are 100% satisfied.
- You're not interested in working in a cubicle and you have a strong passion for working either at or for a startup.
- You're willing to roll up your sleeves and wear different hats when needed.
- You're a sponge for learning new things.
- You'll be exposed to many business models, concepts, and leadership styles; learning that will serve you well no matter where your career takes you.