Technical Leader - BackendAt BackMarket
UK, Germany, France, Spain, and the Netherlands
Founded in 2014, BackMarket is the first online marketplace dedicated exclusively to refurbished electronic devices. With 434M€ raised already, we are sabotaging ‘new’ by connecting highly selected certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable, and ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste, and building a global leading tech company are three solid reasons to wake up every morning. Taking part in BackMarket’s adventure means committing to an ambitious project with a strong social and environmental impact!
We are committed to providing an inclusive, fulfilling, and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New York, Berlin, Barcelona). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble, and passionate team at the heart of innovation: our Bureau Of Technology.
Our roles are 100% remote-friendly in the UK, Germany, France, Spain, and the Netherlands. If you are from elsewhere but willing to move to one of our countries, let’s talk about it 💪
Roles & Responsibilities:
As a Technical Lead at Back Market, you will take ownership of our Backend Chapter composed of 35 engineers. In a direct relationship with our CTO & VP, You will be working with all of our feature teams to help them navigate through our backend roadmap. And bring technical solutions and leadership to allow us to pursue our ambitious scaling. As a Backend Chapter Lead at Back Market, you will :
Define with the VP & CTO the vision and KPIs of the chapter
- Challenge the technical NorthStar of Back Market
- Build, update, explain the vision, according to the roadmap
- Build & maintain SLAs and KPIs over time
- Build & execute Roadmap (therefore hold a responsibility in the success of the execution)
Organize the community
- Insure new topics are taken into account and have a clear action plan
- Encourage everyone to participate and encourage members to show and promote their achievements
- Ensure the instruction/decision process of the chapter is running smoothly
- Organize & animate meetings to evangelize technical topics inside and outside of the company
Make things happen and contribute
- Work with feature teams to be sure the chapter topics are included in their roadmaps, and take chirurgical actions (limited time & scope) if needed
- Lead transverse initiative/projects of the chapter
- Partner with our cyber-security team to promote tooling and good practices to have security by design approach in all stage of our development life cycle
- Create and nurture our metrology & reporting
- Maintain a high level of expertise in our backend teams
- Contribute to improve the onboarding of new engineers
- Give meaningful feedback on skill to each members’ manager
- Ability to drive interviews, challenge candidates and make the best decisions with hiring.
- Coach members and Identify training needs & organize with HR & EM teams
- Participate in internal mobility topics.
What we’re looking for:
- A doer, you like to stay hands-on and involved in technical topics
- A people person who knows how to build a trustworthy relationship with his team and stakeholders
- Strong architectural and documentation skills
- Project/Program management skills
- Ability to identify critical epics that could limit the tech stack or business
- Management skills (Hiring, Improvement plan, Feedback, promotion process..)
- Strong knowledge of backend (python/go) & web expertise
Why should you join us:
- A meaningful job: through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
- An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, remote-friendly, relocation package, internal events, etc…
- Technical challenges all day every day: you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
- Work with passionate experts who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow! (Backademy, technical guilds, Meet-up & Conference)
- Grow your career with a flexible career path, BackMarket can help you evolve!
- A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA, and now in Asia!
- A lot of fun: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded, and friendly environment.
BackMarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity, or sexual orientation.