Customer & Community Marketing ManagerAt Brazen
At Brazen, we believe everyone deserves a job they love, including you! We are a smart, scrappy, compassionate, and fun bunch, who genuinely love our jobs almost as much as we love our customers.
Brazen is a rapidly growing Venture Capital-backed SaaS startup. Our HQ is in Arlington, VA. Some of our roles are local to our DC office, but we have talented teams all over the map as we continue to build our safety-first hybrid remote and in-person culture, and we care more about what you might bring to our team and where you want to go in your career than where you are located.
If you're like us, you've read tons of job descriptions that look a whole lot like this one. But what we can't put in words is why we would love to hear from you. You've heard the term "living in the gray area," right? Well, a great fit for Brazen is someone who wants to live in technicolor. There's never a gray moment here! We are all entrepreneurs at heart, who believe that when you bring your full self to work, the possibilities are infinite.
If your interest is piqued, let's chat! We'd love to show you, rather than tell you, what makes us special, and find a place in our organization where you can thrive.
Our virtual event platform offers employers, universities, workforce development organizations, and associations an innovative way to connect, engage, and chat with top talent--passive and active, as well as their current employees. Organizations like CVS Health, KPMG, Raytheon, dozens of hospitals, school districts, colleges, and universities leverage our technology every day to increase engagement and improve communication, and simply lower barriers for job seekers.
Brazen loves our customers. Our platform is leveraged by people who are passionate about talent acquisition, people operations/human resources, and overall professional, educational, and career advancement, and we are looking for a strong Customer & Community Marketing Manager to help bring these customers, and prospective new customers, together around the power of Brazen.
The right person for this role is excited by the idea of building and cultivating a strong community of existing customers as well as potential Brazen users together to share best practices, innovative ideas, success stories, and opportunities with Brazen’s online event platform. If this sounds up your alley, please read on!
- Reporting to our Director of Content Marketing, this role will partner closely with our Account Managers and Customer Success Managers, as well as other key members of our Go-To-Market team to understand our customer profile, Brazen usage, as well as retention and expansion opportunities and goals
- Immerse yourself in the day-in-a-life of Brazen’s customers to identify common challenges and goals among customers
- Develop, write and send customer re-engagement campaigns out newsletters and other marketing materials that drive relevant topics for our customer base
- Partner with our Marketing and Customer Success teams to create, lead and manage webinars (2-3 per month)
- Partner with Customer Success and Account Management teams to determine which customers are less engaged, and to help create value propositions and engagement opportunities to connect them better with the Brazen platform to maximize their usage and therefore, results
- Build highly-engaged groups of subject matter experts and masterminds; connect and empower them to engage in specialized topics, share best practices, discuss their common challenges and goals and how they face those challenges and goals in collaboration with internal teams
- Partner with our top-of-funnel marketing team and New Business teams to help drive prospective customers to the Brazen communities, immersing them in the Brazen ecosystem
- Cultivate brand ambassadors from existing client base to leverage in external media, case studies, video testimonials, and prospect-facing webinars
- Launch our first ever virtual user conference:
- Assist in evaluating and acquiring new event management technology and systems needed to drive a successful conference
- Align speakers, panels, topics, networking opportunities, and more
- Determine and meet KPI goals (e.g. Registrant numbers, speaker & topic quality and relevance, Net Promoter Score (NPS), engagement, and more)
You’re a strong fit for this role if you bring
- 4+ years of marketing, event management, internal or product communications, and/or community building experience
- Email campaign development experience, including writing and distributing email newsletters and campaigns
- Strong writing, editing, and content creation skills across a variety of formats
- Experience in end-to-end webinar, focus group, and user group management
- Experience with marketing automation technologies (e.g. HubSpot, Marketo, etc)
- Experience with event management technologies
- Strong project management skills
- Understanding of the Talent Acquisition/Recruiting, HR, and/or University landscape a huge plus
- B2B / SaaS experience a plus
Brazen is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in hiring, in programming, and in all other aspects of the work we do. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are deeply connected to our mission, our success, and our culture. Some organizational priorities include:
- Developing policies, procedures and services that uplift and protect to prevent inequalities
- Building relationships among staff, customers, and supporters that are reflective of our tech community
- Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities in internal leadership
- Fostering a culture of open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusiveness
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for engagement, education, and discourse related to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion
Brazen is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Brazen are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Brazen will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Brazen encourages applicants of all ages.