Financial AnalystAt Capchase
Apply for the Job
Capchase is an early-stage startup radically transforming how companies fund their growth by allowing them to receive upfront access for their forward-looking revenues. We are shaping a new way for recurring revenue companies to finance their growth (it's not us who say it, it's the Wall Street Journal, Techcrunch and others).
To carry out this mission, we've received $300M+ in funding from some of the best VCs in the business like Bling Capital (Airtable, Gitlab, Lyft, Square…), SciFI (Stripe, Brex...), Caffeinated (OpenDoor, Airtable…) and most recently QED - one of the best fintech investors on the planet with 19 unicorns in their portfolio. Come help us become the 20th!
We are looking for a talented and motivated Financial Analyst to continue building the world's best fintech risk team. As a Financial Analyst, you will take full responsibility for assessing the risk of recurring revenue companies of every shape and size. The final advance decision will be mainly dictated by the output of your analysis. You will continuously contribute to the general underwriting process by suggesting specific improvements to the Tech and Underwriting teams. In this position, you will be exposed to numerous and innovative ways of assessing risk that allow us to minimize default rates and underwriting time.
You'll work alongside exceptional professionals and very close to the founding team. The Risk team at Capchase is responsible for underwriting, pricing and portfolio monitoring while being supported by an incredibly talented Data Science team.
🚀 THE JOB
- You will be a critical part of the risk team at Capchase. Tired of being a sheep in the flock? Well, as Morpheus put it in Matrix - it's time to choose which pill you want to take - the red or the blue one.
- We will rely on you to thoroughly assess the credit risk of recurring revenue companies by analyzing their financial health and preparing insightful memos for credit committee approval, as needed. You'll have to go the extra mile to make sure we didn't miss anything along the way.
- You will come up with alternative, less orthodox ways of looking at risk, that allow us to underwrite faster and more accurately. Consistent and structured approaches shouldn't necessarily be at odds with thinking outside the box. We want you to be critical.
- You will work closely with the Data Science team to automate manual underwriting processes and to test out new hypotheses. No one is good at everything - we get it. So we're putting technical firepower at your disposal so we can streamline processes together.
- You will collaborate with the Growth team bringing the learnings from the underwriting process to drive origination within our risk appetite. Unlike other organizations, the Growth and Risk teams at Capchase are not pulling in opposite directions.
- Your contribution to the underwriting process will act as a key input for the senior management team to make strategic customer and portfolio decisions. Why would we hire the cream of the crop and then tell people how to do their job?
🧠 The Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject (Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Mathematics/Physics, Business, etc.).
- You know financial statements inside out.
- At least 1 year of relevant experience at a FinTech risk/credit team, rating agency, Big 4 firm, or the credit risk team of an asset manager/credit fund/hedge fund.
- Extremely eager to learn and to constantly improve the underwriting process.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Mastery of Excel and other spreadsheet tools.
💡 Extra Credit
- Experience analyzing SaaS/recurring revenue companies (e.g. at a VC).
- Familiarity with SaaS metrics and business model.
- CFA or CPA certified.
- Experience in relevant coding languages like SQL or Python.
📊 Useful info
- We have offices in central Manhattan, NYC or you can work remotely if you prefer.
- 100% remote if you wish so (not that there is much of a choice these days 😅).
- Stock options – we want everyone to be a part of the company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Recent Job Postings
- Creative Force: Product Marketing Manager
- Full-Stack Python Software Developer at Advanced Energy Economy (New York, NY) (allows remote)
- Govalo: Full Stack Engineer
- silverorange: Full Stack React Web Developer
- silverorange: PHP-focused Web Developer
- People First Solutions: Senior Developer
- QA Automation Engineer
- Cloud Data Architect
- Analytics Engineer
- Account Executive