Chief Information Security OfficerAt Circonus
Apply for the Job
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, Circonus’ Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) serves as the process owner for all assurance activities related to the availability, integrity and confidentiality of customer, business, and employee information in compliance with the organization's information security policies.
Circonus’ CISO is responsible for working with Circonus’ executive management to determine acceptable levels of risk for the organization, establishing and maintaining a corporate-wide information security management program, and ensuring information assets are adequately protected.
- Define, scope, create and execute a strategic, comprehensive enterprise information security and IT risk management program.
- Ensure compliance with any related legislation, ISO standards and relevant government regulations.
- Identify the various security requirements of Circonus’ target markets, raise awareness of those requirements, and otherwise ensure Circonus’ policy, processes, controls and associated compliance meet the requirements of these target markets.
- Partner with the engineering and operations teams to facilitate risk assessment and risk management, apply relevant technical controls, establish processes and otherwise ensure compliance with established policy.
- Partner with business stakeholders across the company to raise awareness of risk management concerns.
- Oversee planning and execution of necessary vulnerability audits, penetration testing or forensic IT audits and investigations.
- Oversee staff training in all the latest security awareness skills. Check associated protocols, methodologies and procedures are implemented.
- Provide leadership to the Circonus Security Working Group (CSWG).
- Identify and manage vendors, and third party service or solutions providers.
- Assist with the overall business technology planning, providing a current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems.
- Communicate information security strategy and practices to staff, customers, partners and investors.
- Proven experience as a CISO or similar information security leadership role
- Professional security management certification
- Minimum of eight to 12 years of experience in a combination of risk management, information security and IT jobs
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, and NIST
- Effective and productive collaborator to drive cross-functional initiatives
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills to facilitate data-driven decision-making
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Innovative thinking and leadership with an ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams
- Experience with contract and vendor negotiations and management including managed services
- Specific experience in high-velocity Agile software development or other best in class development practices
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Bachelor of computer science, Engineering or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus
Circonus is a software company that is changing the way the world monitors both IT infrastructure and the business it powers. Our SaaS and on-premise solutions enable companies to combine monitoring, alerting, event processing, and predictive analytics into a unified solution. Visualize any data, in any application, from any system, in real-time. Circonus scales from a single team to a worldwide organization that tracks thousands of devices analyzing millions of metrics. API driven automation empowers developers and makes operational teams incredibly efficient, while analytics drive insights that improve organization-wide performance.
We enjoy a global reach, but our customers primarily cluster on the East Coast, California, and to a lesser degree, Europe. Our success stems from (a) delivering an industry-leading product and (b) an obsession with customer satisfaction.
Culturally, we operate like a startup. Small, agile teams making quick decisions and short, iterative cycle times. We relish our core values of respect, integrity, value and growth, among others. This is probably the kind of place where you want to work.
All of our positions include a discretionary PTO policy, generous employer covered health and dental insurance, employer matched 401K Plan and more.