Analytics EngineerAt Colvin
Colvin is a global scale-up from Barcelona, disrupting the floriculture and gifting industry.
We are reinventing the way flowers and plants are enjoyed, from our farmers to our customers' doors. Because we believe small gestures and details can change everything and we want to help people bring these small gestures in their day-to-day and help them be with their loved ones' when they can't.
We envision a world more human and emotional, where we inspire people to connect with each other more often and in more meaningful ways.
Colvin currently operates in 4 countries and has offices in Barcelona, but with a remote-first culture. Work from anywhere when you feel like or come and meet the team at the office. We are powered by a culture of ownership, innovation, customer obsession and humbleness, always going the next mile to achieve what we propose to our customers.
We recently closed our €15M financing and we’ve been recognized as LinkedIn's Top 2 Startup 2020 in Spain. But all of that is just the beginning of a long journey to continue inspiring people to connect more often and disrupt the floriculture and gifting space global.
We are looking for an Analytics Engineer who comes from the field of Computer Science. This person should have experience 2-3 years working in ETL process and he/she wants to develop his/her data career to Data engineer. This person should be very oriented to software development best practises, technicall person who loves working in data.
- Work closely with data analysts and backend engineers to understand business requirements and provide data ready for analysis.
- Design high-performance, reusable, and scalable data models for our data warehouse to ensure that our end-users get consistent and reliable answers when running their own analyses.
- Be a SQL whiz! You know how to write SQL which is easy to understand, simple to troubleshoot and that is highly performant.
- Work in data connections with Cloud functions and Fivetran and in data transformations with dbt.
- Continuously discover, transform, test, deploy and document data sources
- Apply, help define, and champion data warehouse governance: data quality, testing, coding best practises, and peer reviews
- Apply advanced aggregations and data wrangling techniques for predictive analytics
- Contribute towards the strategy and design of self service analytics reporting in Looker.
- Apply software engineering best practices like version control and continuous integration to the analytics code base.
- Coach analysts and data scientists on software engineering best practices.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience).
- Experience working as part of a data team; preferably as either a data analyst or data engineer.
- Excellent SQL skills, Data Modelling and Python
- Working experience with Google Cloud Platform/Amazon Web Services
- Experience with task orchestration tools (Ex.Airflow, Luigi)
- Cloud Data Warehousing experience in Bigquery or another distributed platform (e.g. Redshift or Snowflake)
- Import and transform data from many third-party APIs
- Experience of GitHub actions a plus
- Nice-to-haves: prior experience modelling data in LookML and dbt (data build tool)
- Join a talented, international and young team where all ideas count and we take care of your development really seriously.
- Remote first culture & flexible working hours.
- Possibility to work in our coworking in Barcelona open 24h with services like free gym.
- Discounts in our website.
- Flexible retribution for kindergarten, transportation and food.
Recent Job Postings
- Engineering Productivity, DevOp at Enfabrica (Mountain View, CA) (allows remote)
- The Ops Authority: Digital Marketing Lead
- Clevertech: Google Ads Manager
- Clevertech: Culture Development Specialist
- Clevertech: Communications Specialist
- Clevertech: Producer
- Sr. Data Engineer at StyleSeat () (allows remote)
- Senior Fullstack Engineer (Python/Django/React)- #12 of Top-100 Marketplaces at StyleSeat () (allows remote)
- Senior Data Scientist at StyleSeat () (allows remote)
- UX Engineer at Pinnacle 21 () (allows remote)