HR GeneralistAt Community Solutions
As the Human Resources (HR) Generalist, you'll help empower, develop, and care for CS' most valuable asset - our people! The Human Resources Generalist is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources support to our CS staff. The role is critical in executing our people initiatives, providing great internal employee support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement.
Defining Success for this Position:
- Success in one year will include mastering all tasks in management of the employee life cycle and the annual processes such as onboarding, open enrollment, and recruitment,
- Support the HR Manager in reaching these Strategic Plan Measures by 2026:
- Quality of recruitment process: Positions filled within 60 days
- Employees will recommend CS as a place to work to a friend (0-10)
- Staff move across CS salary growth levels at equitable rates
- 80% of staff respond favorably on fairness and feeling valued
- Internal communication strategy is streamlined for all HR projects.
- Employees have a full understanding of benefits policies, labor laws, and best practices.
- All internal processes, including hiring, internships, and onboarding, take place equitably, meeting all CS staff's needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive and implement company HR initiatives in partnership with the HR Manager.
- Support the establishment of metrics of accountability to monitor progress against org-wide objectives related to HR and initiatives that map to those objectives.
- A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement
- Create employee engagement plans, getting necessary budget approval to initiate activities such as creating and managing a “culture committee”
- Create and drive effective and positive employee relations, retention, and reward programs.
- Support the monitoring of employee relation concerns and address concerns as appropriate, escalating to HR Manager as needed.
- Proactively implement strategies that mitigate risk and ensure a healthy, happy work environment
- Benefits Management
- Educate employees on benefits options, communicate open enrollment deadlines and implications of missing deadlines, assist employees with claims as needed.
- Communicate with terminating employees to ensure they understand options, including COBRA
- Maintain accurate plan documents for all benefits and make them easily accessible to all stakeholder groups
- Manage Onboarding and offboarding process, including trainings, analyzing data, strategy, etc.
- Generate official internal documents such as offer letters, salary increase letters, etc
- Oversee major HR processes (i.e. compensation and benefits), including trainings, adjustments, and internal communications strategy.
- Compensation: Manage strategy on level setting new positions within the compensation structure
- Oversee strategy in implementing high-quality workplace trainings, including mandatory anti-sexual harassment and non-discrimination trainings, benefits, and supervisor trainings.
- Support managers in taking the appropriate disciplinary action against employees who violate rules and regulations, and address employee grievances
- Oversee the entire recruitment and hiring process and strategy, including supporting hiring teams as needed
- Continuously build and oversee a candidate pipeline and nurturing campaigns, hosting recruitment events for both potential employees and interns.
- Develop a strategy in collaboration with our communications team to continuously improve CS' employer brand value
- Oversee response strategy for feedback from sites such as glassdoor
- Oversee strategy for improving CS' careers page and overall outreach
Data Analysis, Records Management, and Visualization
- Track and report on HR metrics including those related to talent acquisition, employee satisfaction, and participation in benefits programs.
- Analyze turnover to identify trends and develop and implement employee retention strategies.
- Run reports and create Tableau visualizations for staff, including hiring teams during the hiring process.
- Coordinate completion of HR Functions, including maintaining personnel files, FMLA and PFL.
- Manage and update strategic plan measures that HR currently oversees.
- Internships: Improve and manage the summer internship program, including:
- Build strategic partnerships with external programs to increase and maintain diverse intern candidates.
- Oversee outreach and recruitment.
- Develop and facilitate courses for summer interns.
- HR Technology
- Oversee the management of the internal employee intranet
- Manage and/or support our many HRIS systems including Knack, Insperity, Timestar, Breezy, Lattice, Asana, and Slack.
- Employee Communication & Education
- Provide quality, timely customer service to all staff
- Respond to all employee emails and phone calls, notifying HR manager as needed
Professional Experience and Qualifications:
- Resume that shows steady progression in HR for the last 3-5+ years.
- Skilled at examining data (quantitative & qualitative) and metrics to improve the organization.
- Tech-savvy: skilled in creating clear presentations and becoming familiar with new software easily
- Passionate about improving processes and developing innovative HR solutions.
- Knowledge of best practices in HR, including expertise and comfort in facilitating meaningful and difficult conversations with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Excellent “soft skills” including verbal and written communication skills. Experience in facilitating is a plus.
- Experience managing and facilitating organizational change efforts while building relationships and creating buy-in, ideally in a highly matrixed, geographically dispersed context.
- Advanced project management skills; ability to lead projects at a level to influence and obtain buy-in, and then drive execution and achievement of the right results
- Able to work independently to achieve goals while being a team player.
- Google Business Apps
- Zoom video conferencing software
- Knack database software
- Survey platforms (i.e. Jotform, Google forms)
The salary range for this position is $72k to $90.2k, depending on experience, proficiency, and qualifications.
Note that our salary structure is transparent and ensures that salary advancement is attainable with increased tenure, performance, independence, responsibility, and embodiment of our organizational values.
This is a fully remote position. The person must live on the east coast, ideally near NYC, Washington DC, or Atlanta, GA.
Travel may be required at times (2-3/year) for company retreats and events. (All travel is currently suspended due to COVID.)
Diversity and Inclusion:
We strive for inclusivity and diversity by attracting extraordinary people from diverse backgrounds and lived experiences. We seek to employ an all-star team of people who vary by their race and ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, age, culture, religion, veteran status, physical and mental abilities. We promote equal opportunity in the recruitment, selection, training, compensation, promotion, and benefits of all employees.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate:
COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all Community Solutions staff—full-time, part-time, and contracted. Vaccination documentation must be provided to Community Solutions. Vaccination information is completely confidential between the staff member and HR.
Recent Job Postings
- Engineering Productivity, DevOp at Enfabrica (Mountain View, CA) (allows remote)
- The Ops Authority: Digital Marketing Lead
- Clevertech: Google Ads Manager
- Clevertech: Culture Development Specialist
- Clevertech: Communications Specialist
- Clevertech: Producer
- Sr. Data Engineer at StyleSeat () (allows remote)
- Senior Fullstack Engineer (Python/Django/React)- #12 of Top-100 Marketplaces at StyleSeat () (allows remote)
- Senior Data Scientist at StyleSeat () (allows remote)
- UX Engineer at Pinnacle 21 () (allows remote)