Backend Engineer at Connecterra BV (Amsterdam, Netherlands)At Connecterra BV
As a Backend Engineer you will help design, implement, and maintain a secure and tested application, frequently liaising with other teams across multiple disciplines.You’re a self-starter / self-motivator who doesn’t require micromanagement while being flexible and a multitaskerand innate ability to keep a cool head and open to working in a start-up environment. If you are a skilled coder and a fast learner who thrives in challenging environments and has a creative yet pragmatic approach to problem-solving, read on!
- Provides direct value to farmers and enterprises
- Collaborate with the Data Science team by providing them with quality data and delivering their models’ output to customers via application services.
- As part of theteam,you will contribute to the why (roadmap), what (story review), how (detailed design and architecture) and when (work estimation, deadlines etc.) as we build the product plans
- Level-up your craft via design discussions, code reviews and pair programming, participating in an environment of collaboration and innovation
- Provide Tier 3 support (identify, troubleshoot, fix and workaround) for applications and services – you own your code!
- Write applications that are modular, well tested and easy to maintain
- Develop, deploy and maintain back-end services and APIs, for internal or external use
If you are a skilled coder and a fast learner who thrives in challenging environments and has a creative yet pragmatic approach to problem-solving, read on!
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in software engineering, including:
- Familiarity with back end / web service frameworks (C# / .NET preferred, Python a plus)
- Design and use of RESTful APIs (OData desirable) and Cloud-based microservices leveraging queues and serverless functions with state caching (Azure preferred)
- Relational and non-relational databases (SQL Server, MongoDB)
- MVC and ORM paradigms (EntityFrameworkdesirable)
- Modern unit testing and CI/CD practices, ideally in the context of complex multi-repo code bases
- Microservice principles of Service Discovery, CQRS/Event Sourcing, Distributed Tracing, and Service Integration Testingare a plus
- Team player who challenges assumptions, identifies blind spots, and constantly levels up their craft
- Resourceful, proactive, and constructive when faced with incomplete requirements and multiple priorities
- Thirst for knowledge, a can-do attitude, and a willingness to learn from mistakes!