Affiliate Marketing ManagerAt ConvertKit
ConvertKit is a delightful email marketing SaaS platform that helps creators grow their audience, connect with their true fans, and earn a living online. For makers, authors, chefs, musicians, athletes, and anyone else making a living by creating the culture we all love, there isn’t a better tool for reaching inboxes. More importantly, there isn’t a team more committed to helping creators earn a living doing work that matters.
We’re looking for an experienced Affiliate Marketing Manager to join our Growth team and lead affiliate partnership, brand ambassador, and influencer initiatives as we scale from $26M ARR to $100M ARR. Your primary objectives will be to drive new revenue growth, maintain current affiliate relationships, and create new affiliate partnerships through inbound and outbound recruiting activities.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has extensive experience managing large affiliate programs that require both one-to-one and one-to-many approaches. You should be comfortable leading strategic partnership conversations, know how to work with large data sets, and have extensive experience with recruiting and onboarding new affiliate partners.
Note: this is not a people management role
- Define the strategy, vision, and roadmap for our affiliate marketing and influencer marketing channel to help drive our overarching growth goals
- Hit monthly/quarterly/yearly growth targets as measured by new affiliate referred accounts, new MRR, and activating recruited affiliates
New affiliate recruiting
- Design, launch, and run a repeatable system for recruiting new, highly influential affiliate partners and influencers
- Manage the systems we use to attract and onboard hundreds of beginner affiliates joining our affiliate program every week
- Build relationships with our top affiliates and help them improve their performance over time by testing customized offerings
- Create and manage on-going and one-off campaigns to activate more affiliate partners
Channel management & reporting
- Hit and maintain LTV/CAC goals, owning and optimizing your monthly marketing budget to maximize this metric.
- Produce monthly reports that show the breakdown of our affiliate initiatives and the impact they are having
- Regularly audit affiliate partners to make sure campaign promotions are appropriate, accurate, and reflect ConvertKit’s guidelines.
The right candidate should have:
- At least 3 years in a similar role overseeing affiliate marketing programs generating more than $1M in annual revenue
- We have a freemium business model that generates recurring revenue from creators that upgrade to one of our premium plans or by earning processing fees when they sell digital products using our Commerce tool. Having experience marketing SaaS and/or payment processing tools is a major plus.
- Experience working with online creators a major plus
- Proven track record of growing revenue through the optimization of affiliate and influencer marketing channels with tired incentive structures
- Experience with affiliate platforms like Impact Radius / Commission Junction / Rakuten / etc.
- Advanced spreadsheet skills and ability to translate metrics into actionable insights
- Knowledge of payment models: CPL, CPC, CAC, and analytical skills to calculate those figures.
- Ability to bring the mindset of a creator (who ConvertKit serves) into your decision-making process
- Exceptional visual, written, spoken communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced, and flexible environment with a high degree of autonomy
- An operator mindset - understands the most important metrics and how to produce measurable results
- Comfortable working in a 100% remote environment
- Have enthusiasm and belief in our mission, vision, and values
ConvertKit has standardized salaries based on position, no matter where you live. For this role, we’re hiring at our level 2 ($80,000) or level 3 (100,00). Level is determined based on experience and our interview process.
Other benefits include:
3 weeks paid vacation, increasing to 4 weeks paid vacation after 1 year on the team
$1,000 yearly vacation bonus for taking 5 consecutive days of vacation
10 paid holidays
2 weeks of sick leave per year, including mental health days
Up to 6 weeks paid bereavement leave, medical leave and natural disaster leave after 6 months of employment, 2 weeks of each paid leave in your first 6 months
Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits
12 weeks paid parental leave for primary caregivers, 10 weeks paid parental leave for secondary caregivers, with flexible scheduling in your child’s first year
$3,200 equipment allowance for your first two years, $2,500 budget every following two years for U.S.-based team members
401k with a 4% match
Individual learning and development budget
Yearly conference credit
The team gathers twice a year for fantastic virtual or in-person retreats
This role will close on June 21, 2021. We usually receive a large number of applications (because of remote work!), but hope to get through them within two weeks of the close date for the role. Don’t worry, you’ll hear from us either way. Here’s what you can expect from the rest of our hiring process:
- A phone screen with someone on the hiring team
- A brief exercise or homework assignment to assess your skills
- A technical interview to discuss your technical knowledge
- A culture contribution interview
We’ll keep you informed through every step. To get started, complete this application, including a cover letter and answers to the questions on the next page. We read every single application, and your cover letter and responses help put your experience into context.
ConvertKit is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in all of its forms and we hire the best person for each role, no matter your personal background. Research tells us that applicants who are female or non-binary, as well as applicants who are people of color, are less likely to apply for roles they do not feel 100% qualified for.
We encourage every person who is interested to apply. We’re imperfect communicators, so think of our job postings as the starting point for discussion rather than proof that you shouldn’t apply. Take the leap - you never know, you might just be the perfect person for one of our open roles, even if you don’t match 100% of the job description