Staff WriterAt Crossbeam
It’s an exciting time at Crossbeam. Just two years post-launch, we have over three thousand companies using our platform, raised more than $40M of venture capital from leading VC firms, and are working with awesome strategic investors like Salesforce, Hubspot, Okta, and Slack. Best of all, we’re just getting started. In a market full of uncertainty, we are fortunate to have an unwavering long-term vision and the funding to see it through at full speed.
Crossbeam helps companies partner with each other in a more data-driven way by acting as an escrow service for data. Our platform allows companies to find overlapping customers and prospects with their partners (their ecosystem) while keeping the rest of their data private and secure.
One of Crossbeam’s values is to “Feed The Network.” As a Staff Writer, you will join a small-but-growing content team in creating category-defining thought-leadership, research, and education to make our network as beneficial as possible for its members.
In a world of content for content’s sake, you will be given the time and space to create long-lasting, incredibly useful resources for an eager community. You will also be supporting the content needs of a fast-growing SaaS business, learning from a group of talented teammates along the way.
- Interviewing sales and partnership practitioners and distilling best practices into blog posts, ebooks, videos, and social media posts.
- Supporting internal content needs such as website copy, case studies, sales decks, and more.
- Writing articles optimized for search, social, and/or email audiences.
- Writing articles to increase usage of Crossbeam.
- Using our internal ecosystem data research to inform content.
- Over time, representing Crossbeam to our growing community of partnership and sales professionals via industry events, online forums, and guest posts.
- Developing a deep understanding of Crossbeam’s community of customers and readers to propose and execute editorial campaigns.
- You take the craft of writing seriously but know that perfection is the enemy of done.
- You relish the idea of getting on the phone with a subject matter expert, learning from them, and then creating something for the Crossbeam community.
- You write for people, not platforms.
- You have some familiarity with those that work in SaaS businesses — bonus points for knowledge of business development and sales roles.
- You love receiving thoughtful feedback on your writing.
- You’ve written for brand publications in the past — at an agency, as a freelancer, or as a full-time staffer.
- You enjoy the idea of a fast-paced “writer’s room” working style where content ideas are creatively workshopped and iterated quickly.
- You’re not afraid to speak up when you have a point of view, but can “disagree and commit” once a final decision is reached.
- You believe in creating space for people with different backgrounds and viewpoints to share their opinions in a respectful environment.
We go through the same interview steps for all Content candidates to ensure equity in our hiring process. Our process is designed to learn as much about each candidate as possible, as well as to give candidates access to our team and learn about what it's like to be a team member at Crossbeam. Topics will range from technical skills to problem-solving approaches and collaboration.
- Phone Screen with Internal Recruiter
- 45 Minute call with Hiring Manager
- Paid Writing Sample
- Final with various team members
This is a salaried role. In addition, Crossbeam offers:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Parental leave
- Stock Option Plan
- 401k Plan + Match
Our team has always emphasized remote work, with teammates in the Philadelphia area and distributed across the country. We’re committed to a remote-first culture, with the majority of our collaborative work happening on Slack and Zoom.
When we’re able and when travel feels comfortable again, we’ll celebrate with team offsites and events about once a quarter, and welcome our remote team to join for some facetime whenever they can. In the meantime, we’re focused on creating the best experience possible for new team members from a distance.
Trust is our business. We create value by building trust in our company, our team, our technology, and our network. Never let anything compromise that trust.
Feed the Network. Our customer network is our most valuable asset. Prioritize its growth.
Equity. We will build a workplace that ensures everyone has access to the same opportunities to share in our success.
This is Fun. Few people are lucky enough to do what we do. Follow the fun in every step of the journey.
Crossbeam is a collaborative data platform that helps companies build more valuable partnerships. We have an office in Philadelphia as well as a number of remote teammates across the US.
Fully remote candidates are encouraged to apply. We have an office in Center City Philadelphia which we’ve just reopened after being closed due to COVID. When we’re comfortable reopening the office, local candidates are also welcome to work from our Center City Philadelphia headquarters some or all of the time.
Crossbeam's core value of Equity sits at the heart of our hiring process, and we're proud to be building a culture where difference is valued. Applicants from diverse and non-traditional backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, disability, age, or veteran status.