Sr. Category Manager - MealsAt Crowd Cow
About Crowd Cow
How many times in your career do you have the opportunity to help scale a high-growth startup and transform the food system? As the massive, $200 billion categories of meat and seafood move online, Crowd Cow is already on the forefront. We are building the leading brand, offering convenience, assortment, and transparency from farm to table.
At Crowd Cow, we're on mission to help people discover and access the highest quality food from responsible sources. We want to bring people together — producers and consumers, families and friends. That's why we partner with ethical farms and fisheries around the world. Source high-quality and more sustainable food. And share the stories of the products and producers we carry. There's a lot of work to be done, and we're excited to be a high-growth start-up that is up for the challenge.
As Crowd Cow continues to expand, we are seeking an experienced category leader who can combine strong business acumen with product and operational experience to develop and own the category roadmap to expand into new frozen categories profitably at scale. In this role, you will analyze the scope of various new product categories at Crowd Cow, size the addressable market, and construct a business strategy that maximizes revenue and product margin and deliver a best-in-class customer experience for these categories. You will be skilled at launching new categories, sourcing and managing vendors, and problem solving. You will own category P&L, assortment strategy and execution. This is a unique opportunity to lead and scale a high-profile category and fully own end-to-end category strategy. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy category management, we'd love to hear from you!
What You'll Be Doing
- Transform existing assortment and category expansion to meet subscriber needs across meal occasions and maximize frozen aisle penetration
- Source new suppliers to support assortment strategy
- Negotiate product costs, vendor funding, assortment and allocation to optimize revenue growth and product margin
- Identify and lead opportunities to expand product capabilities and strategic partnerships
- Recommend product positioning based on subscriber values and Crowd Cow brand
- Partner with business, product, and technology stakeholders to define requirements for driving category growth and KPIs
What You've Done
- Category management with end-to-end ownership from sourcing, vendor management, promotions and merchandising strategy
- Experience launching and scaling high growth categories, verticals, and/or products
- Able to critically analyze and prioritize strategic category opportunities based on near-term and long-term business impact
- Analytically rigorous. Track record of P&L ownership, driving top-line growth and margin improvement
- Own product launches end-to-end from sourcing, go-to-market strategy to execution
- Vendor management and strategic vendor negotiations
- Bias for action. Strong ownership mentality
- Experience in meals / grocery / consumables industries is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years of delivering double-digit revenue and margin growth in direct-to-consumer businesses
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Advanced Excel skills
- Bachelor's Degree, MBA preferred
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits for all our full-time employees:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Medical / dental / vision insurance
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Product testing and discounts!
Crowd Cow is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Crowd Cow and the state/country where you work.
Must be eligible to work in the United States without requiring visa sponsorship.