Senior Product Marketing ManagerAt Dataquest
Apply for the Job
Dataquest is an interactive online learning platform for data science. We’re passionate about helping students go from zero to job ready. We help students deeply learn concepts, build projects, work together, and gain the confidence they need to start new careers. Read more about our philosophy here, and read what students think here.
We want to help tens of millions of students worldwide change their lives through data science education, and you’ll play a key role in helping us get there. We’re looking for collaborative and passionate team members, to help us continue to build out our 30+ person remote, global team.
This is a fully remote company and we are open to applications worldwide. You don't have to match all of the listed requirements to apply, we're truly looking for people who can grow along with our diverse and global team.
The Senior Product Marketing Manager works to understand our market and describe our product, its benefits, and how it works. You will conduct competitor research to understand where we sit in the market and what our opportunities for positioning and differentiation are. You'll take this learning and use it to create compelling narratives that help us attract and convert prospects driving growth.
You will also collaborates with the UX/product team to identify our customer personas and how we can best serve them.
Questions you'll answer:
- Who are our competitors? What is happening in our market? How are we positioned among our competitors? How are we better than other options in the market?
- What jobs are customers hiring us to do? What outcomes are our students most interested in? What features and offerings do we need to stay competitive in our market?
- Why do they subscribe? Why will they stay subscribed?
- What motivates our students?
- Contribute to our marketing strategy
- Conduct market research to understand the competitive landscape and ROI of new courses and features
- Collaborate with product to articulate customer personas and needs across the team
- Collaborate with product to articulate a lifecycle strategy aimed to move and progress visitors/users/customers through the funnel
- Educate prospective learners about our product and its benefits
- Develop clear positioning, messaging, and competitive differentiation
- Create compelling website copy, landing pages, email follow-up sequences, mission and course intros, webinars, and product demos
- Create a process and execution strategy for feature launches, lesson updates/launches as communicated to new and existing students.
- Measure and optimize the buyer journey as it relates to product feature adoption and usage
- Define and track KPIs for email performance, marketing website performance, and activation
- Build and nurture our prospect database
- Keep our audience informed of new content and features
- Enable B2B through strategy contributions to case studies, testimonials, white papers, webinars, and other content
- Develop documentation and roadmaps for Product Marketing processes
- Set product- and use case-specific communications strategy for social media, marketing campaigns and partner marketing;
- Own all internal and external communications associated with product releases and product roadmap;
- Translate technical content, including product features/functionality into concise, actionable, differentiated, value-based marketing/sales messaging;
- Define target markets, use cases and buyer journeys;
- Continually research marketplace to understand trends, competitive dynamics and market opportunities
- 5+ years in a Product Marketing role or similar
- Analyze subscription data and channel information and then create plans to improve product line sales most likely using marketing and sales techniques
- Create consistent positioning statements, messaging, and associated proof points. This source material is used by marketing to generate public-facing marketing collateral
- Write compelling copy for different collateral types and audiences
- Collaborate with a designer to create high-conversion landing pages
- Proficiency with Google Analytics, WordPress, Iterable, form builders, and other marketing automation and data tools
Our Compensation Philosophy:
We benchmark everyone against a high-paying anchor market and add a cost of living multiplier. This approach allows us to hire the best candidates and retain the best talent for each role regardless of location, as well as bringing more diversity to our team.
The salary range for this role is between $84,407 and $158,660. The final number will depend on the selected candidate's location and years of experience in a similar role.
Some perks of working at Dataquest:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- An annual professional development allowance
- Free Dataquest account for life
- The chance to see your impact on the lives of our students every day
- The opportunity to be part of an engaged and mission-driven team
- The chance to contribute to team direction
- 100% remote with flexible working hours
- A supportive environment where help is always accessible