Director, Product DesignAt Dealer Inspire
**This position is 100% Remote; US-based candidates only.**
Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today.
Dealer Inspire is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater. Want to learn more? Check us out here!
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Director of Product Design leads the Product Design team in its journey toward an innovative, accessible, sustainable, and consistent future. They must always be looking past daily tasks & implementations, and focus instead on the strategic goals for the Dealer Inspire Product suite. This leader will help create an environment of collaboration between products and an aligned design and user experience vision for both consumers and dealership users of our tools.
This role also involved collaboration with Product Owners for direction on business requirements and overall vision, as well as Engineering leads to develop designs that allow for efficient development execution. Outside of Product and Engineering, the Director of Product Design will work closely with Marketing and Training to create any assets needed to communicate internally or externally on new products and product enhancements.
The Director of Product Design is responsible for the professional growth, performance management, and employee engagement of individual designers on the team. While these designers may be assigned to specific Products and Scrum teams, the Director will assist in tactical decision making, design review, and alignment towards a shared design language.
The ideal candidate must be well organized, a strong and thorough communicator, have a passion for developing employees, and adept at leading to positive outcomes. The Director should be highly engaged with latest industry trends as well as overall product design best practices for seamless user experience and conversion.
- Focus on the end-consumer experience across DI products and utilize data to drive UI/UX decisions.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Marketing and Training on outward communications about the products..
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the competition, differentiators and business strategy.
- Partnership with other Enterprise leaders on shared goals.
- Assist Designers on intuitive designs, best practices, and problem solving responsibilities for their assigned products.
- Owns and looks for opportunities to improve team processes to meet the needs of product teams.
- Mentor and coach Product Designers driving towards positive employee growth and engagement.
- Assist with talent acquisition and career development for supporting roles.
- Keep abreast with product and UI/UX design best practices and new trends.
- Must have a strong sense of urgency and experience working with internal and external member teams.
- Ability to think creatively and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Can take charge and thrive in uncharted territory or ambiguous circumstances. Strong analytical skill-set to decipher client needs and recommend solutions.
- Ability to manage various personality-types, gathering buy-in, and creating personal investment in the goals of the organization.
- Comfortable presenting and advocating for design concepts to internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience working as a Product Designer, Creative Director, UI/UX Designer, or similar.
- Thorough experience with design tools such as Figma, Sketch, or Adobe products.
- Experience with design systems and pattern libraries.
- Ability to work in an organized manner and use common sense and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure on multiple initiatives.
- Ability to adapt to a new working environment and technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of Agile and SAFe processes and principles a plus.
- Working knowledge of Atlassian products a plus.
- 18 days of paid time off, plus select paid holidays
- Paid Volunteer Day & Paid Pet Wellness Day
- Robust Health Insurance Options: BCBS, Delta Dental, EyeMed
- Subsidized internet access for your home
- Subsidized gym membership
- Parental Leave
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
*Not a complete, detailed list. Benefits have terms and requirements before employees are eligible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.