Financial Systems Manager (f/m/d)At Deepl
Germany, the Netherlands, the UK and Poland
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
We are constantly looking for outstanding employees! Currently, we offer remote work in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK and Poland. Whether you would like to work from home in one of these countries or from one of our offices in Cologne or Paderborn: the choice is yours. No matter where you choose to work from, our way of working is designed to make you an essential part of the team.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
During this phase of explosive growth, you will be able to apply your expertise in financial systems and automating processes. As a company at the cutting edge of technology, we want to evolve our financial systems accordingly. We are passionate about data, automation, and scalable processes. In this role you will have the opportunity to design a cloud-based universe of ERP and adjacent financial systems in a way that you would have always wanted to see it implemented.
- Review existing processes and systems in order to plan, design and implement a state-of-the-art cloud-based ERP system with robust and scalable processes allowing the finance team to excel at their jobs
- Work with internal stakeholders as well as external partners to deliver an end-user focused set of tools that people enjoy working with and that meets regulatory and compliance requirements, mainly along core processes such as quote-to-cash, procure-to-pay and hire-to-retire
- Be an expert partner to the wider finance team on technical accounting questions
- Support the team in all aspects of the monthly, quarterly, and annual accounts close for several legal entities as well as for the group accounts
What we offer
- The opportunity to build out a financial systems landscape the way you would have always loved to see it done: in a modern, cloud-based, user-focused and flexible manner
- A small, effective, and highly skilled team enjoying mutual trust and truly short decision-making processes
- Meaningful work: We overcome language barriers and thus bring cultures closer together. Did you know that DeepL is already used by over 100 million people?
- Lots of flexibility to work fully remote or in our vibrant office in Cologne
- CPA, auditor, tax consultant or equivalent with several years relevant experience with German HGB and IFRS as well as solid experience in designing and implementing larger-scale ERP systems
- Strong proficiency in cloud-based technologies and a knack for working on integrations and with APIs. While you are hands-on, you hate solving problems manually but want to do everything in an automated, scalable way
- As our ideal candidate, you have exceptional skills in accounting and analytics and an innovative mindset to approach finance problems differently. Our innovation does not stay in Research and Development
- Fluent in German and English
We are looking forward to your application!