Principal, Private Equity ServicesAt DuPont Sustainable Solutions
France, UK, Belgium, Italy, Spain, Switzerland or Germany
Principal, Private Equity Services
Who are we?
DSS is a world-class operations management consulting firm in the business of saving lives and improving operations. With our DuPont heritage and deep subject matter expertise in capital-intensive sectors and hazardous environments, we help our clients protect their employees and assets, realize operational efficiencies and innovate more rapidly by focusing on cultural transformation, digital insights and workforce capability. Backed by Private Equity we have a strong focus on optimising our global footprint as an independent consulting business.
What will we offer?
As a fast-growing business, we offer an unprecedented career opportunity for highly motivated candidates to play a key role in shaping the blueprint for DuPont Sustainable Solutions. You will have the opportunity to influence the way we work and our go-to-market strategy as well as contributing to DSS’s growth and profitability.
This role is highly entrepreneurial - a one-off opportunity to help build a new practice. It's an opportunity to shape our services and proposition in a fast moving, high-growth environment. You’ll work with industry leading experts in operations management, and have the opportunity and resources to develop innovative solutions to meet client challenges. Additionally, as a firm that both advises and implements, you’ll be able to see the positive impacts and value that your work delivers for the client.
What will you do?
You’ll drive growth using your strong business development capability, consulting experience and knowledge of the Private Equity market. In addition to facilitating consulting services, IP generation and overseeing the delivery and execution of client programs, you’ll build long-term relationships, lead significant cross-team initiatives and develop talent. You’ll increase revenue, deliver profitable margins and build brand awareness.
More specifically, you will:
- Grow the DSS portfolio of operations management consulting across private equity backed firms through due diligence, post-merger integration /carve out / restructuring support services
- Lead business development efforts with private equity clients including sales meetings, writing proposals, determining scope, value, price and terms
- Serve clients within the C-suite of private equity portfolio companies through operations and risk management consulting and establish a framework to improve operational performance in PE firms
- Develop and lead primary relationships with multiple PE firms and their associated portfolios
- Create awareness, understanding and pull for our PE focused propositions across the DSS business
Who are you?
You’re an entrepreneurial Principal or Director in a professional services or consulting environment with a successful track record with Private Equity clients. You understand the dynamics of a PE portfolio company lifecycle, the intense demands placed on CxOs and the outstanding needs of PE Operating Partners. You’re comfortable with industry practice development and build successful long term client relationships. Able to develop offers that meet clients’ unique needs, you’re comfortable engaging at peer-level with board members, investment teams, and portfolio company C-suite leaders.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- At least 10 years’ experience within Management Consulting and, ideally with Asset Management companies
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college / university, preferably in Business Administration, Engineering, or other related field along with Master’s degree in business preferred
- A developed network of PE entities and relationships
- Experience with PE business models: from due diligence to post merge-integration and performance improvements
- Proven-track record of developing and delivering high impact engagements in a PE-backed environment
- Strong business acumen, with analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to understand how business model decisions impact operating model design and execution across operations, EHS, technology, risk governance and organizational design
- Long-standing ability to build relationships, deepen agenda, and counsel clients at CxO and Director level
- Experience in PE due diligence, post-merger integration / carve out, restructuring and/or other transaction advisory support service
- Above all, you’ll thrive in a fast paced, rapidly growing consulting environment
- You’ll speak English fluently and ideally at least one additional European language
- Ideally based in France (remote work) but other European locations are accepted (UK, Belgium, Italy, Spain, Switzerland or Germany)