Senior Product Manager - InternationalAt Dwolla
Apply for the Job
Dwolla is one of the fastest growing financial technology companies in the United States and has been recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies. We believe in challenging the status quo and building teams with diverse experiences, ideas and people. Joining the team at Dwolla means entering an always evolving, fast-paced, remote-first work environment. Your unique skills and talents will help build a world that can move money simply and securely, giving businesses the tools they need to access the ACH or RTP® Networks and improve their payment processes. At Dwolla, we are never done.
As a member of our product team, the Senior Product Manager will guide Dwolla’s creation of strategic initiatives to build and optimize the product suite on a global stage. Our Senior Product Manager will collaborate with software engineers, UX designers, and delivery managers to deliver products to delight our customers domestically and beyond. The Senior Product Manager will serve as the directing mind of a chosen initiative and lead progress up, down and across the organization. This will be achieved through the use of principles, process, measurements and framework to allow teams to innovate quickly.
The Senior Product Manager will own their respective product and build a deep knowledge of Dwolla’s funds flows and payment types. Additionally, the Senior Product Manager will expand the Dwolla platform through new, cross-border funds flows. The Senior Product Manager will have the opportunity to own and be accountable for product success by managing the full product life cycle.
- Responsible for building and owning elements of the product roadmap, talking with customers, gathering functional requirements, and collaborating on the user experience in conjunction with product team members, software engineers, and internal stakeholders.
- Prioritize projects across the entire organization to align with company strategy and priorities across teams.
- Lead supporting global money movement including the discovery and delivery of new payment flows, banking partner integrations and associated features and functionality.
- Research, identify and prioritize approach and sequencing of country and currency additions.
- Contribute to product roadmap and facilitate stakeholder discussions through ownership of a portfolio of initiatives.
- Be a passionate product advocate and champion user needs.
- Collaborate with and inspire internal partners (e.g. leadership, development, design, communications, finance, marketing, risk, legal, etc) to execute the overall product vision and strategy
- Foster excellence in software design and development and execute successful delivery of product enhancements.
- Track and analyze product success metrics to understand impact of releases and future product improvements.
- Perform competitive analysis and research to uncover and evaluate product strategies across leading SAAS companies.
- Promote and lead Product-led growth strategies to drive customer acquisition, expansion, conversion and retention.
- Engage internal and external users to better understand their goals and challenges.
- Partner with the user experience team to facilitate opportunities for product discovery, usability testing and customer feedback.
- Be the go-to product expert for sales, marketing, and account management teams.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Four to eight plus years of experience in product management with a consumer-facing or B2B products
- Four or more years experience in financial services (payments focus is ideal).
- Four or more years experience in global money movement (FX, remittances, disbursements, etc)
- Understanding of Internationalization and data protection schemes supporting global money movement such as GDPR.
- Desire to learn financial concepts and build expertise in the fintech industry.
- Previous success working in fast-paced, agile environments.
- Excellent communication skills coupled with the ability to translate technical concepts for a non-technical audience.
- Ability to grapple with abstract user problems.
- Passion and curiosity for understanding user needs.
- Bonus points for previous experience at a SaaS (software-as-a-service) company, familiarity with Atlassian Jira and Confluence, and education or professional experience with data analysis and product analytics.
Perks to working at Dwolla:
- Remote-first work environment (ability to work from home or from our Des Moines office)
- Remote First Home Office Stipend
- Competitive salaries
- Stock Options
- 401K with 4% company match
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Paid parking
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Medical leave
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Casual dress
At Dwolla, we hold the core belief that the best teams are built by the inclusion of diverse ideas, experiences, and people.
Join our team and bring your unique perspective to help build the ideal platform to move money simply and securely.