QA Automation EngineerAt Equip
Equip is a virtual program helping families recover from eating disorders at home with comprehensive, gold-standard care created by experts in the field and people in recovery. Equip’s five-person care teams include dietitians, physicians, therapists, and mentors who deliver wrap-around support to provide families healing and lasting recovery.
We created Equip to increase access to evidence-based treatment for all people affected by eating disorders. In line with this mission, we are committed to partnering closely with insurance companies and ensuring our team, patients, treatment, and brand reflect the diversity of those affected by eating disorders.
About the role:
We are looking for a QA Automation Engineer to help build our automation test suite through a period of rapid product and company growth. You’ll help us ship faster with confidence in the quality of Equip’s products helping to deliver sorely needed care to our rapidly growing base.
Using your expertise in continuous integration with automated testing including front-end, API, and end-to-end testing, you’ll help shorten our cycle time from concept to production deploy with confidence in the quality of our features and services. Working closely with product managers, you’ll help clarify requirements as you derive test cases that you’ll use to build our automated testing suit as well as perform UAT for our releases.
What you will do:
- Design and develop detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Create end-end, functional, integration (API and UI) tests for complex business requirements
- Participate in Test Design Review meetings for test plans with focus on functional, business, complex scenarios, high impact projects and usability
- Work with engineers to promote TDD (test driven development) and assist as needed
- Collaborate with globally distributed team
- Monitor product or feature-level quality health metrics like testability, test health, test coverage, etc.
- Work closely with developers, testers, PO, and UX to ensure their features are delivered to meet business and quality requirements
- Test the limits of software at both the project and application level, data pipeline, including integration with related applications
- Create and track to RTM (requirements traceability matrix)
- Analyze and communicate test results and defect tracking
- Innovate best automation, agile and continuous testing practices
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering, quality assurance / engineering in web and web services
- Proficiency in Java, Java Script, Selenium WebDriver or similar programming languages.
- Experience working on GIT, Jenkins and on any other CI/CD tools.
- Proven testing experience in Web Services/ API endpoints
- Working knowledge of JSON, XML, HTML and DHTML
- Working knowledge on Postman, SoapUI or JMeter
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- A broad grasp of software QA approaches: automated front-end (UI) testing for SaaS products, back-end testing, unit/integration/system testing, black/white-box testing, coverage analysis, penetration testing, performance testing, cross-platform testing, QA reporting
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Experience with test management tools
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing and automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience with health care applications
- Excellent communication skills with clear emphasis on collaboration
- Strong problem-solving skills
Bonus if you have the following:
- Bachelor's Degree (or its equivalent foreign degree) in Computer Science, Engineering or a relative field
- Good analytical skills, and exposure to Cloud and Web Applications
- Experience on HIPAA, HITRUST, or other high security environments
- Experience with Zephyr Scale, Zephyr Squad or similar Jira integrated frameworks
Competitive salaries and bonuses, flexible hours from home, flexible time-off, health benefits, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats are among the myriad benefits you'll experience while working at Equip.
Equip is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Recent Job Postings
- Engineering Productivity, DevOp at Enfabrica (Mountain View, CA) (allows remote)
- The Ops Authority: Digital Marketing Lead
- Clevertech: Google Ads Manager
- Clevertech: Culture Development Specialist
- Clevertech: Communications Specialist
- Clevertech: Producer
- Sr. Data Engineer at StyleSeat () (allows remote)
- Senior Fullstack Engineer (Python/Django/React)- #12 of Top-100 Marketplaces at StyleSeat () (allows remote)
- Senior Data Scientist at StyleSeat () (allows remote)
- UX Engineer at Pinnacle 21 () (allows remote)