Immigration Paralegal - Bilingual SpanishAt Equivity
Equivity is looking for a part-time virtual paralegal with recent experience supporting attorneys in completing immigration petitions and applications, including family-based petitions. We are looking for paralegals with at least three years of experience in immigration law, including preparing applications for immigration, cover letters, support letters, and gathering and organizing other supporting documents. The selected candidate will also be bilingual in Spanish. If you are an expert in this area, have previously assisted attorneys remotely, and have excellent writing skills, we want to hear from you!
We are currently seeking a virtual paralegal who has recently (within the last six months) worked in an immigration law firm and is able to prepare immigration forms for NVC and USCIS, draft correspondence, compile petitions, create and update standard immigration questionnaires, ensure prompt client communication, and ensure timely and accurate document production. The candidate must be familiar with preparing immigrant and non-immigrant visas, and family-based petitions. Experience preparing employment-based petitions (H1-B, PERM, Adjustment of Status, etc.) would be a plus. Experience with adjustments of status, naturalization, applications for asylum, withholding of removal, and cancelation of removal, preparing motions; preparing I-601 and I-601A waivers; and preparing applications for citizenship are also a plus.
In addition to these requirements, we are looking for a paralegal that is bilingual in Spanish, detail-oriented, proactive, extremely organized, and possesses strong case management skills. The ideal candidate will be very technologically adept and have excellent Word and Adobe skills. In addition, the candidate should have experience working with cloud-based practice management software such as INS Zoom, Prima Facie Now, e-Immigration, Clio, or Blue Dot.
More about our company:
Equivity matches clients with virtual assistants that provide long-term paralegal, administrative and marketing support. Our virtual paralegals work with a high degree of autonomy and are responsible for developing lasting relationships with our clients. Because we provide extremely attentive service to our clients, you must be available to respond to client communications throughout the business day (Monday through Friday, 9am – 6pm Pacific or Eastern Time Zone) within one hour by email, phone, and text. You should also be available to complete tasks and work on projects during the business day. All of this work is done remotely, meaning that you can work from home.
The selected candidate would be hired as a part-time employee (W2) of Equivity, not an independent contractor (1099). We are looking for somebody who has at least 20 hours per week of availability, and the starting pay is $20 per hour. We are a growing business and are looking for a virtual paralegal who is excited to partner with us and is interested in a long-term role with our company.
Qualities we are looking for:
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight
- Technologically savvy
Steps to Apply:
Please include in your cover letter and/or resume the forms you have completed, the types of visas you have applied for, and the degree to which you were involved in each of these transactions.
Equivity is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Equivity is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Equivity are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national original, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Equivity will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of recent experience working as a paralegal preparing immigration petitions
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience preparing family-based petitions
- Experience with case management
- Experience with e-Immigration, INS Zoom, Prima Facie, or other immigration software is a plus
- Experience using practice management software, preferably Clio, PC Law, or Serengeti
- Availability to respond to requests within an hour during the hours of 9 AM - 6 PM Eastern or Pacific Time
- Your own laptop and smart phone with broadband access to Internet
- Quiet location in which to take phone calls
- Bilingual in Spanish (written and verbal communication) is required
- Experience with deportation or asylum is a plus
- Experience using law firm bookkeeping software for invoicing and timekeeping is a plus
Recent Job Postings
- Sherbet: Senior Full Stack Developer
- Plato: Founding Engineer
- Principal Backend Engineer at Cribl () (allows remote)
- Dondich Coaching: Full-Stack Laravel Developer for Multiple Web Based Products
- Crazy Egg: Elixir/Ruby 🧠 Backend Engineer - Solving challenging problems 💪 in a team environment you'll ❤️
- SQUAKE.earth GmbH: Senior Backend Developer (Ruby)
- Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
- Senior Product Manager Draft
- Executive Assistant - Business Operations
- Head of Product