Product Manager, Partner SuccessAt ethoslife
Ethos is built to make it faster and easier to get term life insurance. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally 15-week process into a modern digital experience for our users.
Our investors include Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, General Catalyst, Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed in Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020. For exciting news about our growth check out Life-Insurance Startup Ethos Valued at More Than $2 Billion. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About The Role
We are looking for an ambitious self-starter who can turn data into actionable insights to drive business decisions and performance. This role will put you in the middle of the action and require you to solve the most complex, interesting challenges of a rapidly-scaling startup. You will work cross-functionally to provide visibility and understanding into the operations of our business and empower business leaders as well our partners to make key decisions through critical thinking and analytical rigor. If you enjoy working in an environment that is fast-paced, mission-driven, and impact-oriented, read on and get in touch!
Duties and Responsibilities
As an integral member of the Data and Insights Product team your charge will include:
- Owning the information and KPI flow within Ethos, and between Ethos and its partners while improving performance, reducing pain points and promoting better decisions.
- Acting as a strategic thought partner and being the go-to data expert in developing analyses, models, easy-to-consume dashboards and reports that highlight key insights.
- Collaborating with senior leaders, subject matter experts and various teams like Engineering, Sales, and Partnerships, to drive new initiatives, automate reports and establish best practices.
- Managing multiple stakeholders, including Ethos leadership and external partners, to ensure smooth flow of information, and to communicate your findings and insights.
- Using your insights to advocate for our members in everything we do.
Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in data science, business / product analytics, business intelligence, or other analytically-intensive roles at either well-established firms or high-growth tech startups.
- Expert knowledge of SQL and proficiency in a scripting language such as Python or R, along with familiarity with tools used for data analysis, visualization, and dashboarding, such as Tableau and Excel.
- Proven ability to work independently, multi-task, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong collaboration skills in team environments along with the ability to act quickly as the decision-maker.
- You are stimulated by solving complex problems.
- You enjoy getting in the weeds but do not lose sight of the bigger picture.
- You can punch above your weight when needed, but also appreciate that no job is too small, no matter your title.
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.