Senior Data Scientist, ExperimentationAt Etsy
Etsy is an international marketplace with 65M+ handmade and vintage items from passionate artists, designers and vintage collectors.
The Experimentation Science team focuses on developing and implementing at-scale methodologies on Etsy’s experimentation platform. We are looking for an experienced data scientist who can help us develop state of the art experimentation methodologies to improve our decision-making process.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and implement new methodologies for faster and more robust experimentation, both independently and in collaboration with other data scientists.
- Work closely with a group of data engineers to implement novel methods in production at-scale.
- Build internal computational tools and packages (Python, R) for Etsy Data Scientists.
- Collaborate with external stakeholders and customers throughout the company to develop innovative solutions to complex business problems.
- Present your contributions to colleagues across all of Etsy.
- You have a track record of building methods/tools for offline and/or online experimentation.
- You have a strong understanding of fundamentals of experimentation science including A/B testing, and causal analysis.
- You are comfortable with Python, GoogleSQL, Pig, git, etc for writing robust prototype code. You are excited about learning new tools to help you get the job done.
- Graduate degree in Statistics, Economics, or a related quantitative field.
- Experience in A/B testing, causal inference, and complex computational challenges.
- A proven track record of building data science solutions for high impact business problems.
- Strong programming skills in Python and R. Familiar with SQL.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.
For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.